The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 12, 2013, 11:12 AM   #1476
AK71

Gun convert

Hello All,

I took an NRA basic class a little over a month ago and am hooked. Mostly interested in HD and getting familiar enough to carry concealed. 41yo male in south central PA. I will likely be posting several question to the forum in the next few days...
Old March 12, 2013, 10:44 PM   #1477
DDef

Greetings...

Retired Federal Law Enforcement (Explosive Detection K9 Handler, Federal Firearms Instructor) and a 26 year retired 18C. I am also an NRA instructor.

Nice Site....
Old March 13, 2013, 10:35 AM   #1478
BumbleBug

Hello fellow shooters!

I'm a retired software developer living in the middle of Texas. I'm an avid shooter of rifles & handgun; handloader, hunter, fisherman, arrowhead hunter, shed hunter & general tinkerer of all sorts.

My favorite rifles are single shots (Ruger #1 & Browning 78) & a believer that the rem 700 is the best bolt gun ever made (JIMHO - LOL). My favorite handguns are my plain-Jane Colt 1911A1 & a S&W 19 .357 Mag. I have a CHL but only carry occasionally (I need to work on that problem). My favorite cartridges are .270 Win & .45 ACP.

I joined this site because I hope to tap into some experienced information that I need with handloading & "garage gunsmithing". Also, I'd enjoy some good comradery with other sportsman.

(BTW: when I look through the spotting scope & all the bullets are in one hole, I call it a BumbleBug - LOL)

Thanks for having me...
Old March 13, 2013, 10:47 AM   #1479
grizz223

Hi everybody !!!
Old March 13, 2013, 10:54 AM   #1480
zandor

Hello all,
Thought I'd check in!. I've been a lurker here for a while and found this a place a wealth of information (thanks to all the posters) I've bee a gun owner since the age of 13 (first gun was a mossberg .410 bolt same as the one listed a few posts back. Competed in high school small bore competetions and went to do the rest of my firearm training at Fort Benning GA.. Started shooting and reloading bout 4 months ago and just recently started IDPA shooting (hell of a time to start a shooting hobby!).
Collected military memorabilia mostly Airforce and even built a f-16 cockpit flight simulator http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=856.240 . Been an avid fisherman for years and hit the tournament traill when i get the chance.

Looking forward to chatting with yall
Z
Old March 16, 2013, 08:37 AM   #1481
MRYANJ99

Hello everyone. I'm Ryan from Indiana. I've been shooting for about 6 or 7 years now and I'm definately a gun nut. I own several pistols and a few shotguns and a couple of rifles. I'm still kind of new to certain firearms (mainly expensive ones that I can't afford or my wife won't let me get). I look foward to learning as much as I can from you fine folks.

I stumbled on to the forum at work and liked the civility and the knowlege that's passed around. It's one of the few gun sites i can get on at work and it helps me get through the day.
Old March 16, 2013, 06:51 PM   #1482
lowball

Hi, I am new to this sight . Have been a gun owner & shooter most all my life. Like to read an talk with others about the same passion I have

Last edited by lowball; March 16, 2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old March 17, 2013, 10:30 AM   #1483
Sagellih

Greetings from Ohio. Just getting into guns. (I know, bad timing based on the current environment.) The wife and I are taking some beginners classes this week. Eventually, we will be looking to get our CCW. Looking at either the M&P 22 or the SR22 as a starter pistol. Will be then looking at something different for home defense and then something else for CCW.
Old March 17, 2013, 10:59 AM   #1484
cvc944

Hello to all. I'm here on the Eastern end of Pennsylvania and enjoy shooting all manners of firearms, with rifles being my favorites. I hand load my own rifle ammo, and considering what factory handgun ammo costs these days, will probably start loading for them as well. I hunt when I can, and it's never enough. I'm lucky enough to have a half dozen ranges nearby, so getting on a bench is never a problem. Looking forward to conversation with you folks.
Old March 17, 2013, 02:19 PM   #1485
GermanGunLovingGirl

Hello to all,

I' am 21 years old and a female soldier, serving in the Federal Armed Forces in Germany.

Unfortunatley Germany has very strict gun laws, so the only ones I shoot are the P8 9x19 , HK G36 5,56x45 and the MG3 7,62 for military training.
My "inexistent collection of guns" is reduced to several bajonetts and other items of the WW2 and soviet era.
So, I really envy you folks for beeing allowed to bear arms. ;-)

I found this forum while looking for a place where it is possible to read and learn more about gun related subjects.

I have been interested in guns for a long time, starting with a huge fascination for weapons of the WW2, especially for the German and Russian ones like the K98k and Moisin Nagant. Futhermore I love all the Ak series, first of all the Ak 74 u. Besides of Russian guns, I have a huge interest for modern assault rifles, PDWs etc.

I apologize for my English and hope that it won't bother the members of the forum too much.

Greetings,
Betty
Old March 18, 2013, 12:56 PM   #1486
jrz_dad

Hi - JRZ_DAD here...new to the forum, not to shooting...been around it for 50+ yrs (but who is counting, right?). Living in SW Oklahoma (nice place). Always looking for updated info and deals on these sites...so far, this looks like the place for both!! Glad to be here!!
Old March 20, 2013, 11:59 AM   #1487
TexasSharpshooter

Howdy!

Been lurking on the site for forever, finally made an account.
I shoot everything under the sun, from guns to bows to slingshots lol
Nice to be here!
Old March 23, 2013, 07:55 AM   #1488
Buster123

Tried to add this to my previous post(above) but no can do, so here it is ! My manurhin/walther ppk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (243.5 KB, 31 views)
Old March 25, 2013, 03:41 AM   #1489
Lurking

Hi, guys! My name's Carl. originally come from Germany but over the past 4 years I`ve been living in the USA,the best country in the world.. I have the best job.. I'm a private investigator and I deal with criminal investigations(very seldom), people searches, unfaithful wife/husband investigations(very often).. full of adventures!!A friend gave me a few websites and forums where I can get a real advice.. I have a whole bunch of different suveilance scopes, binoculars, range finders, night vision. I got lots of things to tell about and I`m sure you guys have a lot to share too... I like shooting targets now and then but I never used weapon on people and I hope I never will.
Old March 25, 2013, 06:38 AM   #1490
benay148

Re: New members - please introduce yourselves here

I'm from Colebrook Connecticut and have been into firearms for about 3 years now. I have several interesting firearms I can't wait to share with you all!
Old March 26, 2013, 03:26 PM   #1491
Eldoron

Newbe

I just joined to find out about my K98 Mauser but I will be around to find out about other subjects. Been in the gun game for 50+ years!
Old March 27, 2013, 12:52 PM   #1492
jmayaa

Hi everyone.
I've been loading shotgun ammo for years. Just now getting back into metallic loading.
Picked a hell of a time to get started again.... LOL...
Jeff
Hagerstown, MD
Old March 29, 2013, 12:25 AM   #1493
jeffreyulatan

Hi,

07 FFL Manufacturer, and NFA Manufacturer here.
Old March 29, 2013, 12:43 AM   #1494
Quadpod88

I just noticed this thread today, so i'm way late on the intro. Hi, I'm Quad and I'm a gun addict. I was born in Texas(Lone Star Pride), but I kind of live where ever the wind blows. I just recently left active duty(Army), and I'm in the National Guard. I was stationed in OK as a Redleg(for anyone who actually knows what that is). I am currently in NM, trying to go to school in CO for gunsmithing. I figure to take my obsession to new heights, and who knows, I might end up with the R&D I've been drooling over since high school.
Old April 1, 2013, 12:51 AM   #1495
Random Aussie

Hi All from Austrlia

Hi All,

I have only recently come back to shooting after a long break, lost all my fun stuff back in '96 thanx to the government.

I have spent the last 12 months getting my licenses back and building the collection back up
Tikka TS 223 Left Hand, 1894 30/30, Tac 21 .308 Left Hand, Savage MK11 .22LR, CZ85, Para Ordnance P18 38Super

JB

JB
Old April 4, 2013, 08:32 PM   #1496
CaseO

Hello all!

I'm by no means new to this forum, since I've been reading posts on here that would help guide me to purchasing the right firearms for over a year. So far, your input(s) on here have led me to make some of the best gun purchases thus far, in my opinion.

Lived in Harlan County, Kentucky and before anyone makes any "Justified" TV references, I now live in Florida. Gun laws are much more lenient here, which is always a plus.

Hopefully you guys can be as helpful to me now that I'm a member as you have been the past year!
Old April 6, 2013, 12:52 AM   #1497
SilverBackLeprechaun

Old dog learning new tricks

I bring greetings from the 'southest' shore of the north coast. I was born at a very early age with nothing and still have most of it. I've lived under the last 13 presidents of the US and I love my country while detesting politics. I have a grown son and daughter that I'm very proud of and 5 grandkids grade school to college age. I've had a variety of vocations and avocations with my training in engineering and my love in physics. I owned and operated a small steel fabricating company for 13 years and spent 5 years in the physics department of a local university before venturing into a recreational sport business for 7 years. I've been civically active most of my life and sat on everything from recreation commissions to school board, to being emergency preparedness director and founded and chaired a local development corporation in a major US city for 8 years. I have remorse for things I've done and regrets for things I didn't do. This all seems like a lot until I realize how long it took to do them but I still have time to screw up some more things.

As for my firearms, I've carried since I came out of the service almost a half century ago and do it legally now that there are CCW laws. After a short read-bout this site it's apparent there's a good bunch of knowledgeable folks here and I hope to pick your brains and get to know some of you better.

SilverBackLeprechaun
Old April 7, 2013, 08:41 AM   #1498
therifleman556

Hi there TFL, I realize I added three numbers to one of the more popular gun forum generic user names but its my handle everywhere else so bare with me please. I've been on FTE for a couple years but just now picked a forum for my first love.

I've been shooting and collecting guns since about the age of twelve. I've competed in indoor smallbore, high power (reduced range), trap, and a little sporting clays and skeet. Sometime this summer Im hoping to make it out to an IDPA match or two.

I am not a gun snob, if it goes bang it interests me. I've owned ARs down to Mosin Nagants, and JC Higgins up to S&Ws. I've had good luck with my Tauruses, and Im picking up my first Springfield this week.

I've worked in the industry for a short time, and have gunsmithing experience. Lets just say I know my way around a set of files.

See you folks around!
Old April 9, 2013, 10:01 PM   #1499
keokeboy

been around (great to be here)

x- mauian wailuku x-san diego resident present conway resident 10 plus years,and I love it here. use to hunt hogs in my earlydays,in the kipahulu valley,and i would never think that i would be living in arky today. no pakalolo,no surfing,no big luau;s, but life is good,but have too keep on trucking
Old April 10, 2013, 06:27 AM   #1500
alancac98

Hello, I'm Chris from Northern Central Pa. I've been around guns and hunting all my life. I'm 47 y.o. and am currently raising my 4 y.o. grandson who is my best friend and hopefully the best hunting and shooting partner I'll ever have. He loves all things guns, hunting and fishing! I'm an avid archery hunter as well. Have had most of the reloading equipement now for quite some time, but never found the time to reload. Looking forward to getting into it and teaching my grandson along the way (he's glued to my hip ) I believe that this is the time for all of us to stick together and show all of the nonbelievers that we are responsible gun owners. For the next several years, we will be in the fight of our lives to maintain our 2nd ammendment rights, so please get out there and fight for them (call your senators and congressmen everyday - harrass them - My local congressmen's secretary knows the sound of my voice now and says, "Hi, Chris!") Don't let others fight the fight for you - it will take all of us!!!

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent