The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 2, 2014, 09:19 AM   #26
slammedsi

Here is the thing that people have failed to mention. Not all 2,4,6 or 8 foot florescent lights are created equal. What I used over my bench is a 4 bulb 4 foot T-5 fixture. Each bulb puts out 5,000 lumens for a total of 20,000 lumens on high setting. The neat part about this style florescent fixture is that they have a low-med-high setting, and just this one 4 foot fixture will light up my entire 15X15 basement (I actually have to units but only use the one over my bench). what's that old saying, If some is good, More is better, then to much is just right!

I have 5 of these same T5 4ft, 4 bulb fixtures in my home shop that's 40X60 in size and usually only turn on 3 of them as there just so dang bright.

The downfall to these High Output T5 Fixtures are there a tad pricy. I paid right at 185 for each fixture. But there very worth it!
Old March 4, 2014, 11:26 PM   #27
GWS

Leds & movies

I don't think you have to spend a lot of money on room lighting. It's more important where you put it and how you use it.

For example, on my Pro 2000 press the important station is in the back where its hard to see.....even in good light.

As the picture and video below show, I wasn't joking in my last post about LED's and Movies....I spent $100 on all of it.

I placed a variety of cases on the shell plate for the demo... blinged .357, a dark dirty .223, blinged .308, dirty .45, black dirty, .40, then the .357 again. Bling helps use the light you have obviously. Bling as I refer to it means post wet-tumbled brass using stainless steel media. Click on the picture below for the video:

Last edited by GWS; March 4, 2014 at 11:42 PM.
Old March 5, 2014, 10:57 AM   #28
WESHOOT2

visible

That's very nicely set up.