The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old January 25, 2014, 02:17 PM   #1
ShootMore

Columbia Mall shooting in Maryland

I'm sure most of you are aware that there was a shooting in the mall in Colombia, Maryland this morning. Prayers goes out to the victims and their families. Without disrespect, I ask this; what are your opinions on what someone should do if they find themself in this situation as an armed citizen?
Old January 25, 2014, 03:00 PM   #2
Sierra280

Topics like this 'what would you do in this situation?' Have been discussed at length. You didn't give a lot of details about the situation, but I think in an active shooter situation, given the opportunity, bugging out is always the best option! Being armed has little to do with it; whether I can shoot back or not, I'd prefer not to be in any area with bullets coming at me!
Old January 25, 2014, 03:18 PM   #3
Frank Ettin
Staff

I've closed this for the following reasons:
  1. This is the wrong Forum for this sort of discussion. It really has nothing to do with Law and Civil Rights.

2. The OP included no link to a news story or any background on the event, so we really don't know what happened and what this is about. If we don't know what happened, what is there to discuss?

3. We've already had numerous discussions of third party defense, active shooter and rampage shooting events, including: here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper
Closed Thread

Tags
ccw