The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 31, 2008, 10:51 PM   #1
Flying Groundhog

LoadMaster Auto-Disk Pro Powder Measure Problems

I am looking for help with inaccurate powder throws with the adjustable throw bar, on light pistol loads (~3-4 grains). I have watched the videos and made good adjustments to all the other subsystems, but cannot get accurate loads (and occasionally get very low throws).

All the usual problems are eliminated; new un-caked Bullseye powder, cleaned system, limited/no static, fully-cycled throw, properly flared bell. I have purchased but am yet to receive the charged disks, which I hope resolves the problem.

No other threads seem to describe my problem, so I am stumped. Any suggestions on how to adjust it?
Old September 1, 2008, 06:09 AM   #2
RNG

You're not alone. I had the same problem with the adjustable charge bar when throwing smaller charges using w231. I just went back to using the disks. Not as versatile, but very accurate in my experience.
Great resource for LM info http://forums.loadmastervideos.com/forums/index.php

Cheers,
Richard
Old September 1, 2008, 09:03 AM   #3
crazylegs

The charge bar is very inconsistant with small charges, even with free flowing powders like BE. The reason is that the bar does not line up with the orifice in the hopper. With no powder in the hopper and the bar fully retracted, you can see where there is a considerable off set. The bar just doesn't go far enough back. It's a geometric problem. Like RNG said, you'll get very consistent loads with the discs, especially using Bulls Eye.
Crazylegs
Old September 1, 2008, 09:36 AM   #4
croc4

Same issue here

I had the same issue, I loved the ablility to be able to adjust the charge, but in the end I went back to the disks because it just wasn't consistent