The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old February 8, 2013, 05:43 PM   #1
sirdiealot

manhattan/junction city kansas

anyone in the area that likes to shoot, gonna be working there during the week staying in motel and after work would like to go out shooting, plinking whatever. I guess at the minimum will find a range to go to. not sure how long will be there prob at least a month but will be going home on the weekends

...Wildly popular all over the world, mostly in countries where people don’t carry guns, and cops don’t have to actually shoot people with theirs.
Old February 8, 2013, 09:16 PM   #2
berettaprofessor

Nice indoor ranges in Junction City and in Ogden (halfway between Junction City and Manhattan). And don't miss Barry's Gun Shop while you're in Ogden.
Old February 8, 2013, 10:34 PM   #3
sirdiealot

back about 12yrs or so when i lived in the area, i used to buy guns from pats pawn and guns. he always had a huge selection of milsurps in the back room. at that time there werent even any other gun stores or ranges in the area really. but will have to check them out as work gets over at around 3 or so and thats alot of time to get bored and start drinking so figure would go shoot some rounds instead of downing the beer at a bar.

...Wildly popular all over the world, mostly in countries where people don’t carry guns, and cops don’t have to actually shoot people with theirs.
Old February 9, 2013, 02:29 AM   #4
okiewita40

To the OP I grew up in Clay Center about 45 miles from both Manhattan and Junction City. Try a short drive up to the republican river just south of clay center. Lots of river bottom there to do some informal range work. Just head to Wakefield head towards Clay Center on the old Broughton road. There used to be be plenty of public hunting land there.
Old February 9, 2013, 02:16 PM   #5
sirdiealot

i know where you are talking about. lived in clay center for about 5yrs or so. great cat fishing below that bridge.

Old February 10, 2013, 08:43 AM   #6
berettaprofessor

Pat's Pawn and Gun is still in Ogden and roughly the same (except less cluttered) but Pat doesn't own it anymore. Barry's is across the street and east of it.
Old February 10, 2013, 03:55 PM   #7
sirdiealot

thats why the reviews of pats pawn online are for crap...damn i liked pat and his wife, good people to deal with and pretty knowledgeable. to bad, do you shoot in the area berattaprofessor?

Old February 17, 2013, 08:30 AM   #8
m674011

a bit late to post on this but in jc a new store open up on washington about 3 blocks or so from park belive they had indoor range
Old February 21, 2013, 06:41 AM   #9
hooligan1

I worked on the Fort for almost two years, and stayed in Wakefield. Exactly what that area needs is a huge outdoor range and training facility, god only knows they have PLENTY of room for a big range, I mean a BIG RANGE!!!
That indoor range on Washington st. is Godfrey's.
Old March 20, 2013, 12:12 PM   #10
REDBULL600

I grew up in the area and still have family out there. In fact I was out there this past weekend. Went out to a buddys place on Saturday and we shot pistols and rifles, even did some trap.

Godffrey is nice but as for a Big Range, Its too rural. No body wants to give up prime hunting land. Military or Military transplants would not be enough to keep it going as Locals either have or knows a farmer/rancher with land and just goes there.

There is a Fort Riley Trap and skeet Club just north of Ogden but its on Reservation land and must be military to use it. For non military there is the public range south of the Milford lake Dam, but that to is for Trap, Unless they have expanded since I was a teenager.

My familys farm is near the reservation and we hear all the artillery, tank fire and small arms firing ranges. got used to it as a kid. The best sleep Ive had in weeks was this weekend at the farm.

Last edited by REDBULL600; March 20, 2013 at 12:26 PM.