The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old February 8, 2013, 03:43 PM   #1
NJmike

Good trade?? Let me know. Sig p290rs, S&W bodyguard

Hey guys! Ok I listed in another thread that I was looking into a slim 9mm. So instead of dishing out cash I decided to down size a little and opt for a trade. So I went into a LGS and traded my Ruger LCR (.357) and Ruger LCP and got an even trade for a brand new Sig P290rs model. I think that was a fairly good deal. The dealer had the Sig for sale at $629. Oh since I was so thrilled that I didn't have to pay a dime, I also bought a new S&W bodyguard .380. For $319! It thought that was good also. So, how did I make out? Also ,does anyone have the P290rs? How do you like it? Thanks all!

Last edited by NJmike; February 8, 2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old February 8, 2013, 04:03 PM   #2
Babyfacenelson

Personally i would've kept the rugers, but if you wanted something new or just didnt like them i think you did a fine job!
Never fired that Sig model myself, but i have a buddy who swears by it.
Old February 8, 2013, 04:25 PM   #3
NJmike

@babyfacenelson.. I got rid of the LCR mainly because I have the sp101 in .357 so I opted out of the LCR. Really didn't use it. It was a good gun though. The lcr had NO sights and was hard to qualify with. But again a good gun. I just hope the sig and the bodyguard turn out to be good. :/

Last edited by NJmike; February 8, 2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old February 10, 2013, 08:19 PM   #4
RamItOne

Great deal!!

You already had a .357
My edc is the BG .380, I've been tempted to get the P290RS, if I didn't have the BG I'd have the P290. Just can't justify $500 to replace , my current EDC. Yes a .380 isn't a bear stopper but I'm happy with it. If I feel that I'm going someplace where I'd need more firepower I first off shouldn't go there and if I must then 17+1 of 9mm+p from my M&P will be what I'd carry.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rtant/DJyvnHz0
Old February 10, 2013, 08:55 PM   #5
NJmike

Oh I agree. And if I wasn't looking to trade any of my guns, I would not have spent the $629 for the sig. But I couldn't resist for the even trade. Although I did like my LCP a lot. I just hope the bodyguard is as reliable. How has your BG been? Have you shot it a lot?
Old February 10, 2013, 09:48 PM   #6
RamItOne

Several hundred rounds, a few failure to fires with crap Serbian ammo. Anything from cheap Remington to SD ammo have had no issues. When looking at the primer strike on the ones that didn't fire they were deep and dead center so I'll chalk that up to the round not the gun. It's a very snappy recoil. I carry in my right pocket, safety is easy to switch off with some force so no worries with an AD, yet easy to switch when drawing.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rtant/DJyvnHz0
Old February 10, 2013, 10:32 PM   #7
NJmike

Thanks for the info. I was actually choosing between the BG and the kahr p380. I just couldn't find enough reason to spend another $250 extra On the kahr. :-)