The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 7, 2001, 12:41 PM   #1
MSPHUNTER

Belt for a Fobus Horster

What kind of belt should I get fot a Fobus holster? I want to use it for casaual wear so no leather.
Old July 7, 2001, 01:11 PM   #2
Herr Walther

You're going to need something sturdy enough to support the holstered gun. I can't think of too many other materials that will lend this kind of support. You don't want to draw the holster right out of your pants along with the holstered weapon.

What's wrong with a leather casual belt?. I think a military style uniform web belt is out of the question. I've tried my old AF belts and they did not provide the proper support or security.

You might try a different holster such as an IWB.
"...a historian asked what had happened to the German people for them to accept a criminal government. Unfortunately, nothing needed to happen. In nations across the world people accept government crime."
-------------------------------------
"In democracies as well as dictatorships, subordinates illegally obey their rulers. Subordinates who remain true to their oaths of office by opposing their rulers are rare."
Old July 7, 2001, 01:25 PM   #3
MSPHUNTER

What about a liner belt?
Old July 7, 2001, 05:10 PM   #4
fed168

A velcro inner duty belt or a rigger style belt may fit your needs. There is also an instructor style belt available, I think Glaco made one and so does Wilderness Products.
Old July 7, 2001, 06:04 PM   #5
Justin Moore

I use a Wilderness Instructor Belt with my Blade-Tech holsters. I have the 1.5 inch version.

www.thewilderness.com

Dillion sells em too. That's actually where I bought mine from.

www.bluepress.com

Democracy: A government of the masses, authority derived through mass meetings or any other form of direct expression; results in mobocracy; attitude toward property is communistic negating property rights; attitude toward law is that the will of the majority shall regulate whether it is based upon deliberation or governed by passion, prejudice, and impulse, without restraint or regard to consequences; its result is dem-o-gogism, license, agitation, discontent and anarchy.

Republic: Authority is derived through the election by the people of public officials best suited to represent them. Attitude toward property is respect for laws and individual rights and a sensible economic procedure. Attitude toward law is the administration of justice in accord with fixed principles that establish evidence with a strict regard for consequences. A greater number of citizens and extent of territory may be brought within its compass, it avoids the dangerous extremes of either tyranny or mobocracy. Results in statesmanship, liberty, reason, justice contentment and progress, is a standard for government around the world.
Old July 8, 2001, 08:50 AM   #6
KPS

I agree with Justin.

I wear a Wilderness Instructor belt with my Kytac Braveheart.It's the 1.5" 5 stitch version.I find that leather looks tacky with Kydex.The instructor's belts are very strong and carry my full size Gov't model .45 without a problem.It also has a buckle that accepts carabiners for emergency rapelling.