The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 5, 2008, 01:22 AM   #1
Sixpak

Weapon Shield... Wow!!!

Hi all,
I'm fairly to to the Forum here but not new to guns. I wanted to share with you my experience with a product called Weapon Shield. It was this forum that led me to getting a 1oz trial offer back when it was offered. Well I just got to use it for the first time and I have to tell you this stuff is Great !!
The first time I used it was actually right after I cleaned my guns the normal way so I cant tell you that its a great cleaner for the first time cleaning with it but I can tell you its a great protectant and and easy cleaner once you have applied it.
Heres my story: Last week I was at the range and fired 100 rounds thru my SR9 and 100 + thru my P345. I cleaned them both as I normally do, had them all laid out for lubeing. Took out the bottle of Weapon Shield and lubed my P345 with it. Being a 45 it gets nasty dirty after 100 rounds. Then did the SR9 my normal way. Put em back together and put them back in the bag for this week.
Came home tonite from the range once again after putting 100 rounds thru each. I was not even thinking about or remembering what I did with the Weapon Shield last week until I stripped and started cleaning the 45 with the Weapon Shield. Wow !!!, The grime just wiped off with no effort at all. The feed ramp which I normally have to soak and let sit 2 or 3 times was spotless with just a little elbow grease. Didnt have to touch the gun with my cleaning brush at all. I would say it cut my cleaning time in half for this gun. Smiling thinking the same would be apply to the SR9. Wrong!!! Soak, scrub, brush, soak again, brush again, at least 3 tries to get the feed ramp clean. To me this stuff is truly a one step marvel for cleaning and lubing your gun with ease in a lot less time. I would like to hear from others that may have tried this product. Thanks for listening. Check out the link for Weapon Shield

http://www.weaponshield.com/productinfo.htm
Old March 5, 2008, 09:15 AM   #2
john in jax

I've had the same very positive experiences with Weapon Shield. I'm now using it in/on everything from AR's to Ruger revolvers and everything in between. It's great stuff!
Old March 6, 2008, 08:10 PM   #3
rgates

I've been using it exclusively on all my firearms long enough I've almost used a 16 oz. bottle. Time to get more. I discovered that each time I used one and then cleaned with Weapon Shield it got easier each time through about 4 cycles. Amazing stuff. The only other cleaning product I keep is Sweets for the heavy copper fouling I get with the 22/250. I pitched everything else.
Old March 7, 2008, 10:08 AM   #4
seeker073180

where do you get it from? online? locally?

thanks,
s
Old March 7, 2008, 10:24 AM   #5
john in jax

Here is the website:

http://www.steelshieldtech.com/page2.htm
Old March 7, 2008, 11:01 AM   #6
armoredman

Got some a while ago, great product.

Old March 7, 2008, 11:52 AM   #7
UniversalFrost

tried it a while back, but I had the same results with clp.

I always clean the guns and lube with CLP then a swab down the barrel before storing. After a day of shooting on the range I come back run a brush down the bore a few times then swab clean and the rest of the gun is usually just wipe down and lube with clp where needed.

JOE

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Old March 7, 2008, 01:40 PM   #8
Jermtheory

its all im using now.

Midway is stocking it.
Old March 7, 2008, 06:16 PM   #9
svilla

I use CLP due to corrosion from Concealed carrie plus I live on the coast. How does Weapon Shield hold up to corrosion?

I have tried almost every lube out there with Militech being the worst and CLP being the best at preventing rust from consealed carry.
Old March 7, 2008, 07:38 PM   #10
rgates

Before Weapon Shield, after cleaning I would use a silicon cloth for the blued finish on my CCW. After carrying in a leather holster for about 2 hours the finish would look blotchy. Then I read where the manufacturer of Weapon Shield suggested trying it on the blued finishes instead of silicon, so I did.
The next day I carried in the same holster 9 hours and it still looked good.
To put it to the test I put it away that evening without a wipe down and carried it again for three more days. Still looked good. It must protect better than silicon and I've never seen a spot of rust and it's gone several months between cleanings. Each time you clean with it, cleaning gets easier each of the first 3-4 times so it must still be there even if you can't see it. I don't even need to use a bore brush now.
It also makes slides and triggers work smoother and easier.
Yes, I'm sold.
Old March 7, 2008, 09:23 PM   #11
ShipWreck

They became a sponsor at our forum and gave away several of those bottles. Good stuff!
Old March 7, 2008, 09:33 PM   #12
tplumeri

I was a big fan of militech until i tried weaponshield.
gets the same results w/o having to "bake" the gun!
around $12 for 4 ounces, $24 for 16 online, last i checked.
Old March 7, 2008, 10:23 PM   #13
Jermtheory

it was cheaper than that last time i checked at Midway(4 oz).

but the Oly Owners Association has the 16oz bottle for....well yeah,with shipping it cost me about $24-$25.
Old March 8, 2008, 12:03 PM   #14
Sixpak

svilla wrote:
I use CLP due to corrosion from Concealed carrie plus I live on the coast. How does Weapon Shield hold up to corrosion?

I don't think you will ever see any corrosion with Weapon Sheild. This is my 3rd application to my guns and it seems to offer even more protection the more you use it. Plus there is no oily feeling after its sits over night. You can also feel the smoothness of the action get better and better.

To Order Weapon Shield you can call (800) 390-1535 to order
Old March 15, 2008, 08:25 AM   #15
Sixpak

Well I got my big bottle of Weapon Shield last weekend plus ordered the needle oiler they had for the hard to reach places. This stuff is awesome.
Old March 15, 2008, 10:27 AM   #16
Breakdaddy

I bought a large and small bottle of Weapon Shield CLP. I find that as a cleaner, it didn't work as well as Hoppes #9. However, I did find that as a protectant it worked extremely well. It basically cut my cleaning time down by more than half after coating my range pistols in Weapon Shield and then bringing them home for cleaning after a range trip. The stuff really stays on and protects the surfaces its applied to. As far as being a lubricant, I don't really know, but I expect it's at least as good as breakfree and possibly better.
Old June 12, 2008, 07:09 PM   #17
xd.40

Weapon Shield

I just got my Weapon Shield in the mail today.

I have not gone out and fired the weapons yet, but I do like the way this stuff feels and goes on. I use Hoppes #9 for the solvent, but RemOil as a lube, which to me is VERY Thin. The Weapon Shield is a Very thick lube, well for a lube anyways.
I really like it so far, but will try out the lubrication aspect after the range day to see how it holds up.

Thank you Weapon Shield for a Fine Product. Good bye RemOil.

As Always, Stay Safe.
Old June 22, 2008, 09:37 AM   #18
127gr+p+

Anybody selling this online?
Old June 22, 2008, 12:26 PM   #19
Jermtheory

Midway sells it in 4oz bottles.

looks like the price has went up at the OOA,about $25 now before shipping.
Old June 22, 2008, 02:02 PM   #20
OnTheFly

There seems to be a lot of good stuff being said about Weapon Shield here on TFL...

Weapon Shield update from Iraz

What kind of lubricant do you use on your autoloader?

Lubricant Tests

Free 14 day offer - Weapon Shield CLP

Product testing and review: Gunzilla

I got the "Free 14 day offer" of Weapon Shield. I have a PX4, Marlin model 60SS, Ruger Mk I, and Ruger Security Six that I've used it on. I have to say that cleaning DOES seem to be easier after I've used it on my firearms. Also, my stainless steel Marlin rifle was starting to develop surface rust where it had been handled. I've had people tell me that shouldn't be possible with a stainless steel barrel, but it was. I had been using Hoppes oil, but after switching to Weapon Shield, there has not been one bit of oxidation on it. And it has been handled quite a bit and then put back in storage without a wipe down. It is only my inexperienced opinion, but I'd say it does a great job of inhibiting rust.

Fly

Bang... Bang... Bang...
Old June 22, 2008, 02:51 PM   #21
Jermtheory

ive started using TW25b for certain applications where something thicker helps...and i have some Montana's Copper Killer on the way for occasional heavy cleaning.

but i love WS and it gets used more than anything else(by far)...
Old June 22, 2008, 06:28 PM   #22
JBP55

Plus 1 on Weapon Shield and TW25B.
Old April 30, 2009, 06:29 AM   #23
RocketFoot

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to let everyone know that we are now a master distributor for Weapon Shield and the product is available on our online ordering site! We ship world wide...

Weapon Shield Ordering Site

Member: Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Old April 30, 2009, 08:49 AM   #24
JAYBIRD78

I still use good old #9 for cleaning but for lube/protection I also use WeaponShield. It's good stuff.
Old April 30, 2009, 10:04 AM   #25
OnTheFly

What is the Weapon Shield Gun Grease used for? It only says for rifles and shotguns, but can this be used for a slide grease on pistols?

Fly

Bang... Bang... Bang...