The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old March 9, 2013, 07:20 PM   #51
lagavulin62

Utopia,

I bookmarked your link and thanks.

I read the reports on this lower in the AR website. (not sure I can name the site but everyone knows what I mean) I didn't read but one complaint and the rest were all very good. I don't think it's the cheapest as far as my research has been but under the circumstances I wouldn't walk away if I saw it at a Gunshow. But I think I will wait before paying that and all the hassles with transfers etc buying on the internet. I got a Gunshow next weekend in Pasadena and will see what shows up.
Old March 9, 2013, 11:45 PM   #52
ronl

A local gun shop had six or seven AR's in the rack yesterday, one for $798. They even had a couple of AK's. Had Promag AR mags on the rack for $18.99 and had a decent supply. They even had primers and powder, and a few .224 and .308 bullets. They just didn't have any of the powder I was looking for. Local Wal-Marts are out of just about everything useful. The calm is slowly returning.
Old March 10, 2013, 02:31 PM   #53
Metal god

I just paid $160 for a franklin arms stripped lower . Im ok with that price . I did how ever pay $80 each for 2 PSA stipped lowers last year so double now is a lot but for the time and where I live it was not bad .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .
Old March 10, 2013, 08:07 PM   #54
WWWJD

I wasn't really "into" shooting at the time of the last election. My budget limits me considerably too. This time around, once the dust settles, I'm going to be mindful of keeping some quantity of ammo in the safe for times like these, so I don't have to go to the LGS or Walmart and frown at the empty shelves.

I'm a reloader now; same goes for components. I've been buying just enough to have a trip to the range once a week. I don't have anything appreciable in reserve. Doom on me I guess. I won't let it happen again. I just have a hard time believing it really. I know two guys at work that buy buy buy ammo like it's bread or milk. They never go shooting. Never practice. I'm not sure what they're plan is. (insert SHTF or WORL or some other acronym here I guess). They can't pack out 10,000 rounds in the bug out bags thats for sure. Bleh.

It's killing the pace me and my hobby were used to. I hate that the next time I go to the LGS and see powder I'm gonna probably run to it and snatch it off the shelf.

NRA Endowment FTW