The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 10, 2000, 05:28 PM   #1
Alex Johnson

Does anyone own a Desantis ankle holster. I just bought one on ebay for $14.95 slightly used (their's still several more on I believe the guy that sold them must have bought them in bulk). Anyway I haven't seen more than pictures of it yet as it hasn't arrived. I figured this might be a good way to check out how I liked ankle carry with my S&W model 36 and at a cheap price. I just was wondering what the quality is of the Desantis holsters and how they stand up to wear. Any info would be appreciated.
Old July 12, 2000, 07:58 AM   #2
tonyz

Have you tryed looking at there web page?

Here it is.
http://www.desantisholster.com/

------------------
Match grade Bullets at Kmart prices
http://www.xmission.com/~chad/egs/co...hard_cast.html

also for gun accessorys.
http://gungoodies.com

[This message has been edited by tonyz (edited July 12, 2000).]
Old July 12, 2000, 04:02 PM   #3
houndawg

I have a DeSantis belt scabbard that I bought off of Ebay. Quality is mediocre. The molding is off in a couple places. They use tension screws, so obviously they don't think their own quality is good enough for good retention. Mine had a thumb break that I very carefully cut off so it looks like it came without one. I just bought it to use at the range since we can't carry here in the Peoples Republik of Illinois. If we could I'd pop for some quality.
Old July 12, 2000, 06:17 PM   #4
Jhp147

I think they make more than one style. I can sure vouch for the one I have, I think it is called an "Apache." It is the one that is made almost wholly of surgical or heavier grade elastic type material. It is stitched well and reinforced. Do a search on my name, I have written about it a couple of times. I have only looked that their other model, I wasn't really impressed with quality.

------------------
When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; IT IS that they shall be destroyed forever...Psalms 92.7