The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old February 1, 2000, 08:04 PM   #1
fubsy

Harley,
Didnt really want to pester ya so soon but Id really like some info on this.....this is a k-frame, fixed sighted revolver in 38 spl, has a square frame(which i would expect), but the pistol has about a 1" barrel....were they made this way or was this one just cut down and could ya give me some idea on the cost,,,,its not gonna be a collector.....Im looking for a platform to experiment with and this ones $225...tks fubsy.
Old February 1, 2000, 10:59 PM   #2
Ned Roundtree

Many two inch barrels were made at different times. But no one inch barrels that I can find.
Old February 2, 2000, 07:50 AM   #3
fubsy

thankyou Ned,....if it was done after production it is a quality job, but I had never seen one with a barrel so short.....tks fubsy.
Old February 2, 2000, 09:48 AM   #4
fal308
Staff Alumnus

Fubsy
I've got one of these in a five inch barrel. Shooting light reloads it is extremely accurate. Mine is a post-war C firearm.
From what I can find, two inch is the shortest barrel that was available.
Old February 2, 2000, 03:51 PM   #5
James K
Member In Memoriam

Smith and Wesson always called those short barrels "2-inch". In fact they were around 1 and 3/4 inches, measuring from the end of the barrel inside the frame to the muzzle. The part outside the frame is only about 1 inch.

Jim
Old February 2, 2000, 08:39 PM   #6
fubsy

fal, good to hear from ya, and tks Ill most likely pick this one up......I had to pass on that fal with the imbel receiver, the move was way too expensive......but im still looking for a good one....

Jim,,,,tks and now that youve brought that up it jogged my memory and i believe i had heard that before.....tks

tks guys..fubsy.