The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 25, 2001, 10:47 PM   #1
JosephBoeckner

share ur fun shotgun games :)-all join

hey all whats ur favorite shotgun games-not skeet or trap-not organized-like shooting "knock out" one person shoots the clay and then the person next to him hast to hit it again-my uncle was telling me about it today-do u guys have any other games like that u just mess around with to have fun?(and be safe )-any games with shotguns-milk cartons anything!

Last edited by JosephBoeckner; December 26, 2001 at 12:57 PM.
Old December 26, 2001, 01:28 AM   #2
psssniper

In the deserts of southern california, ten bowling pins set randomly in an arc of approx 90 degrees distance to pin varies from 7 yards to 15 yards again set randomly with some hiding behind "cover" i.e. rocks. two runs, fastest average wins. average shooter time approx 15 seconds, best time 7.2 seconds
with a moss 590. I will be trying to beat my record with benelli M1 and/or M3 and practice, still getting used to these guns as they are new to me. Winner gets a free lunch at IN N OUT !!
Old December 26, 2001, 07:30 AM   #3
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Chinese trap. Shoot trap from Skeet stations 1,2 7,8, and from the 27 yd line, at trap post 3. Two shots allowed per bird.

Balloons blown up about fist sized, and secured to about 3 feet of string tied to a weight of some sort. These blow around nicely on a breezy day. For a real challenge, slugs only at say, 50 yards.

Or use two trap machines to throw a pair that MUST be shot with just one shell,a Scotch double, when they cross.This one's good for working on timing.

Or can races. See who can kick a can across a line first.

HTH....
Old December 26, 2001, 06:42 PM   #4
JosephBoeckner

ooh ;)

good games!-i think i'll try the 2 trap machines one-and the can one-and hte baloon 1