The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old December 3, 2008, 10:36 AM   #1
thirdeagle

Franklin's (Athens, Georgia)

I recently had a good transaction at Franklin's and wanted to give credit where credit is due. I found a used semi-auto that I had been looking for, made a respectable cash offer (that was accepted), and was out the door in under a half an hour. Customer service was good and several employees took the opportunity to talk with me about my purchase even though they were swamped with customers at the time.

HOWEVER, Franklin's sells all used semi-auto firearms with 1 magazine and does not disclose this policy outright. The firearm I purchased came with all the factory stuff including the factory case which said "includes 2 magazines." After paying I opened the case to ensure what I was walking out with what I bought and noticed that the second magazine was missing. I respectfully inquired and was then told about the store policy, a policy that is neither in writing in plain sight or communicated verbally at the time I inspected the firearm. My only concern is that the firearm was advertised to me by an employee as being sold with all the factory accessories but clearly did not have the second magazine.

I was focused on inspecting the fit, finish, and condition of the firearm and the magazine that was in battery. I did not give the rest of the factory gear the same scrutiny. I admit I should have been more careful in assessing all the gear.

Although a little disappointed, I still consider this a good transaction and will continue to shop at Franklin's.
Old December 3, 2008, 04:35 PM   #2
Dr. Strangelove

They seem to be much friendlier after Academy Sports opened! They have somewhat of a mixed reputation around here, but I've been buying a decent amount from Franklin's lately, their prices seem fair and I've had good experiences for the most part as well.

By the way, you don't happen to be an ARC member, do you?