The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old April 18, 2011, 05:13 PM   #1
Glockfan35

Pistol-caliber carbines

Who here has one of these? I bought a Hi-Point 995 for my dad for Father's Day a couple years ago. I've also shot the Kel-Tec Sub2000 chambered for the .40S&W with the Glock 22 that a buddy owns. Ever since then, I've wanted the Sub2000, just in 9mm with the G17 grip. What is everyone's opinion of these? Can they be folded with a round in the chamber so you're ready for action once they've been closed? My ideal use for one would be in a bug-out bag, along with a shotgun, TaurusTCP .380, a Hi-Point C9, some spare cash, emergency food/water/shelter, first aid kit, & a few toiletries along with some fresh clothes and medications. I may just get two, as I'd rather have at least one gun in a 40 caliber!
Old April 18, 2011, 05:33 PM   #2
richard597

I have both, the Kel-Tec Sub 2000 and a Hi-Point in 9mm. Absolutely no problems with either one. Yes, the Hi-Point is ugly, but it goes "bang" every time I pull the trigger. The Kel-Tec accepts Glock 33-round magazines with no problem. The stock is a little short for me but it functions flawlessly. I personally would not fold the stock with a round in the chamber, but that is just me.
Old April 18, 2011, 06:02 PM   #3
smince

You could, but the round would fall out

The gun can be folded with a magazine locked in though.

Tags
bug-out bag , carbine , pistol calibers , shtf