The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old September 27, 2010, 04:44 PM   #1
SwampYankee
Registration in progress

Revolver Hammer Shims

So I picked up a package of Power Custom RSA shims and popped them into my Speed Six, Security Six and crappy Charter Arms Police Undercover/Bulldog. The improvement in trigger pul on the Speed Six and CA Undercover was unbelievable! I have polished all the appropriate surfaces on the Sixes so the pull was already pretty good but adding the shims really did the trick. The Security Six is hard chromed so polishing the chrome really did not seem to make a difference but the shims did help out. The RSA shims are 0.004" wide so I needed 5 for SS Speed Six, 3 on one side, 2 on the other.

I'm buying more of these!
Old September 27, 2010, 08:00 PM   #2
drail

They really do put the finishing touch on a proper trigger job and ensure you get the same lockup and release every time. They will also greatly reduce wear on the frame lugs and the parts if kept oiled. I too was amazed the first time I used them in a S&W. Sounds like your Speed Six really had some excess room inside.