The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old February 11, 2001, 01:58 PM   #1
sar

I am from the east (live in New York City) and I am condsidering a three day pistol course and do not have the time to fly to Thunder Ranch or Gunsite. I have read all the posts regarding Blackwater - does anyone have any current experience there? Some of the posts indicated a change in management (some of the head trainers opened there own school). Thanks for any feedback.
Old February 11, 2001, 02:09 PM   #2
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

I'm not up on the current events there now days, but when I was there some years ago - it was a very well done establishment with some seriously good training. The instructors didn't BS you with old war stories, they didnt try to strut around like satan's gift to all things tactical... They were all very profesional and treated all the students as such. All questions were answered clearly and promptly...
I learned alot there in my short visit... It is ON PAR with Thunder Ranch and Gunsite. You want to rub elbos with snake eaters and seals... This is a good venue to do that.
http://www.blackwaterlodge.com/
Old February 11, 2001, 07:48 PM   #3
gunboy 3

I took a 3-day course a few months back and I got a great deal out of it. You can look for bargains on their "monthly specials" section. Some times they'll throw in the breakfast and bunk for free. I found the instruction to be very helpful and three days is just the right amount of time. Bring lots of magazines, you'll do a lot of shooting.