The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Closed Thread

Old July 15, 2001, 06:37 PM   #1
Jamie Young

BRING YOUR GUNS!!!! PENNSYLVANIA TFL SHOOT SEPTEMBER 8th

Anyone and everyone in the Keystone State and its border States are welcome. It Shall be held again at www.WaterandWings.com just outside of Quakertown PA.
Its only going to Cost you $15 to shoot all day at the Pistol and Rifle ranges.

This time I would like put an emphasis on bringing Military style rifles and Pistols. From Black Powder to 50BMG. After the shoot hopefully we all will have tried out guns that we have never shot before. As always this will be a proving ground to disprove all the bogus statements on certain firearms. I'm also going to test out the Sporting Clays with ya this time Geoff .

You have almost two months to make plans for this trip and we need a few "Repeat" Members. This is a great place to hang out and chat and a very relaxed environment for shooting. Pistol Range is 7-50yds, Rifle is 100-500yds and there is a Sporting Clays range. Bring Enough Ammo so everyone can shoot. I'll be bringing a ton of .308 for my FAL.
Old July 15, 2001, 07:00 PM   #2
Dead

SodaPop,

I told ya I would be there in Sept at the show, and bring some people with me also. My friend is going to coming out again, also my dad this time.

I would like to try out the Sporting Clay course, and maybe just maybe I will hit one bird too

Maybe I can get two of my friend's from PA to come out also???? They just had a baby not too long ago though, so I am not sure about that??? They were their today at the Gun Show with their son, Angel he was in the enterance hall most of the afternoon r outside.
Old July 15, 2001, 07:19 PM   #3
Rich Lucibella
Staff

How come I always miss the fun?
Probably because I've yet to set up a S. Fla TFL Shhot!

Enjoy, guys.
Rich
Old July 15, 2001, 07:48 PM   #4
4V50 Gary
Staff

Thanks, but...

I'm going to Indiana in Oct. so it's a mite bit too early to visit y'all in SE PA. Love to see that warehouse where you're shooting pigeons.
Old July 15, 2001, 08:11 PM   #5
Jamie Young

WoW I'm honored I got Rich posting on this thread . Rich have you ever thought about having a "National" TFL shoot?
We had 9 people come out last time and if everyone shows up that came to the previous 2 shoots we would be near 20 people. How about a Pennsylvania/Utah Shoot? East Coast/West Coast TFL Shoot?
Old July 15, 2001, 08:17 PM   #6
Jamie Young

Gary you should see this range. Last time K80Geoff almost shot a deer at 300yds. The stupid thing walked right out on the range while all of us were shooting. And I saw a Turkey walk right under the 100yd targets the day after turkey season at the same range.

Maybe I'll bring some Pigeons up and see if I can..................... at 500yds
Old July 16, 2001, 01:10 PM   #7
Dead

The First meet i went to the place lived up to it's name. LOTSoWATER, and a few birds (aka wings) flying around

Wonder if anyone has any private property were we could go??
Old July 16, 2001, 05:35 PM   #8
falconer

I think I might be able to make it out for this shoot. Just depends on what my work schedule is and when I have to move in at OSU this year. I doubt I'd have to move in as early as the 8th.
Old July 17, 2001, 02:00 PM   #9
darogue1

Sorry working as usual :barf:
Old July 17, 2001, 03:03 PM   #10
Dead

Wonder if anyone would be interested into going out after the shoot for some PIZZA, soda, beer.. There is a decent place up 663 in Pennsberg, about 3 miles up 663 from the Gywerville(sp?) road.

It is PC Pub

www.pcpubonline.com
Old July 17, 2001, 05:15 PM   #11
Jamie Young

Darogue we can make it Sunday if you can't make it Saturday? Its still early enough to change the date.
Pizza and Beer?????? I'm In
Old July 17, 2001, 08:51 PM   #12
10CFR

Thanks for the PM. I am going to see if I can't get scheduled off this day so I can come and meet youse guys.

S'okay if I bring a friend or two?

-10CFR
Old July 17, 2001, 09:36 PM   #13
Jamie Young

Sure!!!
Old July 19, 2001, 05:44 AM   #14
dinosaur

I still need a scope, mags & ammo for the M1A.

I`m leaning towards the Scout/Squad 2x20 that Springfield sells. It`ll probably take all day to sight it in. Better than carrying (and cleaning) 5 or 6 guns.

Soda, are you going to the Allentown show this weekend? I`m thinking about it but I need directions.
Old July 19, 2001, 05:49 AM   #15
darogue1

Possible date change.........

Sodapop and I have been talkin', How does the following weekend sound to you all? Sunday SEPT 16th same place. I have wanted to come to the last shoots but working every other weekend AND night shift puts a damper on my fun time. If the other date is better for more people just keep it and I'll understand. DAROGUE1
Old July 19, 2001, 08:40 AM   #16
ArmySon
Staff Alumnus

If you plan it any later than Sept. 16th, you'll start getting into the colder time of year. Mid-September sounds about right temperature wise. It'd give the rifles plenty of time to cool down.
Old July 19, 2001, 10:56 AM   #17
Dead

Dino call 570-457-9473.

Oh yeah for any of you that thought that M48 kicked like a mule wait till the next shoot, I am going to bring a REAL beast with me....... hehehehehe

Oh yeah I am going to be out there on Sept 8-9th so I can make BOTH days no problem.

Last edited by Dead; July 19, 2001 at 01:45 PM.
Old July 19, 2001, 07:07 PM   #18
Jamie Young

Darogue and ArmySon.... I'll move the Date to Sept 16th then. Everyone email me, private message, or re-post your thoughts. ArmySon can you get the Sept 8th deleted from my Subject on this thread? That way if we change dates we don't have too much confusion.

Dinosaur I'm going to another gun show this sunday closer to me. Its in Plymouth Meeting. I pray to God they have .308 ammo there.

I posted this early so the Maximum number of TFL members can make plans.
Old July 19, 2001, 07:41 PM   #19
Dead

Sounds good.... I will call my friend later, or just wait for them to come over first of August and ask them.

George Hill can you lock this down, so we can start a NEW Thread for the 16th????

Last edited by Dead; July 19, 2001 at 08:28 PM.
Old July 20, 2001, 10:40 AM   #20
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

Your wish is my command.