The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 6, 2005, 03:16 PM   #1
DBski

Any Comments on Spartan by Remington?

Interested in a new shotgun, looking at Spartan by Remington. Interested in Model SPR310 in 20 ga. Over and under or the SPR210 side byside also in 20ga. since I don't have a side by side. Do have a Remington1100 and an Ithica 500 (made by SKB) both in 12 ga. All will be used for small game. Any feedback on these Spartan shotguns?
Old October 6, 2005, 04:00 PM   #2
DPris
Member Emeritus

Not directly on those models, but I do have a new 220 SXS 12-gauge coachgun here. Compared to the earlier Baikal version I also have from when EAA was importing them, the Spartan seems a little better finished & if the guns sell well enough for Remington to keep the Spartan side-line going, I think you'll see better parts & service support than under the EAA days.
Denis
Old October 6, 2005, 04:55 PM   #3
Mannlicher

if there is one thing that the russkies are darn good at, its small arms production. I have examined both pre Remington Baikals, and those that are marked "Spartan". They are sound, robust, and well made. They are not necessarily pretty.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.".........Ronald Reagan