The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 13, 2015, 12:03 PM   #51
Skeets
Member in memoriam

This for active outdoor guys and gals wearing Carhardts.The small snap-close "pocket"in bib,makes an excellent "holster" for the LCP,21-A Bobcat,and similar models.Safe,secure,accessible.
Old July 13, 2015, 12:27 PM   #52
michael t

I don't care if a 22, 25 ,32, or 380 . No one really wants shot not even druggies . If you start shooting .I sure their going to be looking for a exit . I was amazed at stopping power my Beretta 950 in 25acp had one night in a parking garage . Just seeing gun and BG was on the move fast away from me .

A pistol is for Self Defense Our carry permits are same Self Defense . SD doesn't mean 007 license to kill. I have yet to met guy that will take a couple 380 or even a few 25. Then say Thank you can I have another.
Must be a reason the 22 25 32 and 380 been around a 100 years Other than 22 their not a hunting round . For many people those calibers have worked or they feel that all they need. They don't come to gun forums . They carry what they feel comfortable with and hope never need it .
Many many people carry a Kel Tec 32 or 380 and feel well armed every day.
Not every one in America feels the need for a 9mm 38spl or larger to carry every day.
Old July 13, 2015, 06:23 PM   #53
smokehouse4444

I really like the little .380's. They serve their purpose. The Kahr 380, Ruger LCP, Taurus TCP, and KelTec P3's and the like are great for:

*throwing in the pocket to go to the store
*throwing in the pocket while doing grimy work out on the property
*throwing in the pocket of light gym shorts
*relatively inexpensive

These are the reasons I bought my TCP, and I have been pleasantly surprised with it. Very nice Kahr-like trigger, unbelievably light, and no problems shooting it, for me. The wife does not shoot it well, however, tending to limp wrist it a bit that can cause problems. I have a StaysPut pocket holster that works as it should. There are many times that I honestly would not have a firearm on me if it were not for this little fellah.

Now...something like a SIG P238 is a whole nuther animal in my book. It is in a different league when talking 380's. Feels and handles like a full-size handgun, great sights, great trigger, conceals like a dream, and drives tacks. Just a bit heavy for the gym shorts thing, and I'd rather have the TCP when doing the dirty yard work, but it conceals better than the CM9 for those particular times. Other than her SP101, it is by far my wife's favorite handgun, and I (even after previously owning a Mustang) find it to be one of my favorite's as well.