The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 26, 2011, 12:40 AM   #51
Tactical Jackalope

Quote:
Another consideration is maintenance and repair. Springfield refuses to supply any replacement parts because they can't. The reason is, they don't make anything. They are only importers of foreign made products from Brazil and Croatia.

**** me..... -_____-

Can someone confirm this? Please? That can't be true..something happens and a huge company like "Springfield Armory" is gonna say "ha ha sorry your screwed BYE!" Really now?

I have 2 Glocks I know they're amazing My 1911 hasn't done one thing wrong so I don't know about Springfield (the Glock 22 got refinished and a parts upgrade, my Glocks have NEVER had an issue)
Old January 26, 2011, 01:47 AM   #52
Uncle Malice

No. You're not screwed.

The difference is that Springfield Armory has one of the best customer service departments in the industry. He is right, they don't have parts availability like Glock does... no one really does (save 1911 parts).

But if ANYTHING goes wrong.. just give Springfield a call. They will send you a pre-paid shipping label. They will fix it and send it back, all on their dime. They will take great care of you.

This is different to Glock in that... few people actually need their customer service since the parts are readily available and easy to replace. You can do all the work yourself.

Quit second guessing yourself. Just enjoy your gun and let us know how it shoots.
Old January 26, 2011, 11:14 AM   #53
Tactical Jackalope

Thank you Uncle Malice, seriously needed to hear that. Especially the last part!
Old January 29, 2011, 05:38 PM   #54
Terry A

Quote:
January 26, 2011, 11:14 AM #53
Constantine

Posts: 178 Thank you Uncle Malice, seriously needed to hear that. Especially the last part!

I'm an optimistic pessimist, I hope for the best, but I expect the worst.

Uncle Malice beat me to it. And he's 100% right. SA did exactly what he said in his post when I needed to LifeFlight the ol' XD-45. But he came back good as new and all it cost was a drive to a FedEx!

And Constantine, you're a funny guy! When I saw post #51 and the way you worded, or rather, "didn't worded" it, you made me giggle out loud! And I mean funny in a good way.
2 Thes 3:16 "Now may the Lord of peace Himself continually grant you peace in every circumstance. The Lord be with you all! "
Old January 29, 2011, 10:36 PM   #55
ET.

Springfield XDs haven't been on my buy list yet. I own 2 glocks, a 21sf & a 27. I really like the glocks. I think my second choice right now would be a S&W M&P. The one S&W I own has been a very reliable gun for me. My next door neighbor just bought the M&P 9 long (5" barrel). That is one sweet shooting gun.
Old February 3, 2011, 10:13 AM   #56
Tactical Jackalope

EVERYONE! on my way now to pick up the XD45. In my car. At a light. On my way. Pics will be posted later on today. Stay tuned
Old February 3, 2011, 10:29 PM   #57
xtrarnds

G21
Old February 3, 2011, 11:09 PM   #58
Tactical Jackalope

Here she is!

ONE issue though, the MAG RELEASE IS SO DAMN HARD!?

Why is this? Oiled it, cycled it a million times. I know guns are supposed to be broken in but wow....This too?

Overall awesome gun and can't wait to shoot it
Old February 3, 2011, 11:48 PM   #59
Tactical Jackalope

Getting a LEO/MIL discount for a tactical mounted light from mountsplus.com

Tags
.45 , glock 21 , home defense , xdm