The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old January 3, 2001, 06:49 AM   #1
Dangus

Hi. I have a Bulgarian SA-93 and I am considering an unusual conversion for it. I know the BATF will come and burn me if I try to do it myself(even though I could probably do it myself), so I need to know if there is a smith that can do it. I live in Iowa just for geographical reference. What I want is a neck-down of the ammo to a smaller calibur and a new barrel/gas-port. It would be able to fit in the same mags just fine. I made some wooden test pieces of ammo to try in the mag and they seemed to feed just fine. Anyway, how feasible is this, what parts of this conversion could I do myself without being attacked by my government, and how much does a crazy conversion like this range from? Secondly, who does this kind of work? Who is considered the best at it?

I twist the facts until they tell the truth. -Some intellectual sadist

"Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them."