The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old May 31, 2011, 01:45 PM   #1
privateer1939

Stock removal rem. 1100 20ga

Remington must have reengineered the stock bolt on their semi auto 1100 made in jan 2011, their schematic does not show what i see when i look into the stock assembly it looks like all i need is a socket wrench with an extension to remove what looks like a six sided hollow bolt "thing" there is not slotted bolt in there like their schematic shows please, someone, advise me on what i need to get this damn stock off!

GOOD NEWS GENTLEMEN -- A GUNSMITH WHO KNOWS WHAT HES DOING== TOLD ME THAT REMINGTON HAS INDEED REVAMPED THE STOCK ASSEMBLY THEY NOW
NO LONGER USE INFAMOUS SLOTTED SCREW TO AFIX THE STOCK TO THE RECEIVER INSTEAD THEY NOW USE A HEXAGONAL "HOLLOW" NUT
MY THANKS TO ALL WHO RESPONDED TO MY QUERY NO THANKS GOES TO REMINGTON FOR NOT UPDATING THEIR DAMN SCHEMATIC--THEY JUST LOST A FEW SALES BECAUSE OF THEIR DISREGARD OF THE GUN-BUYING PUBLIC
THE REASON I WANTED TO CHANGE THE STOCK IS BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL STOCK DID NOT FIT THE RECEIVER--THERE IS NO QUALITY CONTROL AT REMINGTON!!!!!

Thankyou

Last edited by privateer1939; June 3, 2011 at 05:37 PM. Reason: CALLED REMINGTON AND GOT THE STRAIGHT INFO ON STOCK ASSEMBLY FROM GUNSMITH
Old May 31, 2011, 07:42 PM   #2
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

No one?

You might find the correct owner's manual online... I am of little help... I have only tinkered with an 870 a few times...

Brent
Old May 31, 2011, 08:19 PM   #3
oneounceload

My 1100 I had in 28 had the socket head with a slot. My older gunsmith gent (75 years experience) had made himself a specific tool to avoid splitting the stock - you'll find many old guys had done the same. If they have omitted that slotted design, and your socket has thin enough walls to fit, then give it a try.

If your gun is only a few months old, there should be no reason to remove the stock, the spring can be a bit of a bugger at times
Old May 31, 2011, 08:24 PM   #4
pabuckslayer08

Thin walled socket with a extension is what I use every time on mine