The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 9, 2009, 11:12 PM   #1
peluo1

Dragunov military stock conversion...need help!

Well, I finally found a set of handguards and buttstocks at a decent price and attempted to install them today on my dragunov tigr. I started with the handguards which gave me a little problem because they were a tiny bit bigger than the handguards I had on, but they eventually worked.

Then i went to the buttstock and have been at it for several hours. At first the wood parts that fit into the metal parts of the rifle werent even fitting in, so I filed them down and got them almost ALMOST in all the way. I am at a point where SOMETHING is stopping the stock from going all the way in and I cant tell what it might be.

So, has anyone hear done the exchange on their dragunov tigr from its normal stock to military stock? or maybe know anyone that has done it and may have some tricks/advice? I appreciate it so much.
Old March 10, 2009, 02:43 AM   #2
sadsack

peluo: I haven't fitted a stock to the tiger, but the only "tricks" are time, patience, and inleting black.
Old March 10, 2009, 08:11 AM   #3
peluo1

haha, you're def right about the time and patience. Oh well, today is another day, I'm gonna get started on trying to put it together again. I'll see you guys tonight when I ask for more help
Old March 12, 2009, 09:08 PM   #4
peluo1

Finally finished!!!!!! Took me three days but it is all done. Had to do some major filing, drilling, hitting haha.

If anybody is having problems doing this, send me a PM and I'll offer some suggestions.