The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old November 25, 2012, 03:34 PM   #26
Rifleman1952

If my guns had been stolen, I would buy one new .45 pistol, one new 12 gauge pump shotgun and one new AR-15 in .223. I would also invest in a better safe.
Old November 25, 2012, 03:40 PM   #27
1 old 0311-1

I would get the ones out of back up. And from there the second back up stash location.
Old November 26, 2012, 05:46 PM   #28
osbornk

I wouldn't buy replacement guns until I settled with and was paid by the insurance company. If your guns are recovered before you settle with the insurance company, you get your guns back. If you settle with the insurance company and they are then recovered, they are then owned by the insurance company and they normally give you the first opportunity to repurchase them.
Old November 27, 2012, 03:44 PM   #29
trg42wraglefragle

I'd actually be quite happy if all my guns were stolen.
Providing I got back the money I paid for them all I could use the hind sight I know now to make a few different choices.

I'd replace my Remington 870 with an 11-87.
My Tikka T3 in 223, with a heavy barrel something in 204Ruger or a 22-250.
I'd get another CZ American in 17HMR though, I love that gun.
My 303 with a 308 or a 243, probably a Tikka.

But it'd be a toss up with my Remington 597 if I replace it with another or get a CZ American or trainer in 22lr. I might just get both to ease all the stress I would've been under
Old November 27, 2012, 04:31 PM   #30
Andrewsmith1

If my guns were stolen I would start with the police and filing an insurance claim. Before I started replacing the guns I would re-evaluate my storage solutions and try to improve the security of my firearms. This may mean using a large part of the insurance claim to buy a better safe and possibly improving the home security system. Once I feel that I have made it as difficult as possible for them to be stolen again I would begin to replace the firearms. I think it would be foolish to run out and replace everything right away only to leave them vulnerable to theft again.

In the event of fire, flood, or other natural disaster I will make sure I have a roof over my head before replacing them.
Old December 1, 2012, 12:49 AM   #31
freenokia

Very interesting answers. My main reason for asking was because I was curious to see what was everyone's most immediately important firearms and to kind of infer what was the most important role of firearms with you guys. Lots of self defense guns in the answers. Not too many competition or hunting guns...
Old December 1, 2012, 02:24 AM   #32
Apom

If anyone here ever has their guns stolen and then later has a family member murdered by the one these "weapons" please post here and let us know if they still have that "oh well" moment.