The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 31, 2009, 02:34 PM   #1
Neil2470

HK P30L Range Report

So I just got back from the range about an hour ago and I am VERY happy. Out of the box, not only is it really accurate but also so comfortable. I bought 4 boxes of Federal American Eagle 124 gr 9mm ammo. I had the two mags that came with the gun and I picked up another factory mag the other day.

For the first shot I decided to check out the DA trigger. I racked the slide back and then decocked it. (Which by the way is very convenient with the button right on the back.) The pull was not bad at all, which surprised me a little because I had read a previous post where someone had said it was pretty heavy. After the first shot I was amazed at how little recoil the gun had and i hit almost where I was aiming probably within 2 inches. After that the single action trigger is a dream. It feels even lighter than my Sig P220 SRT which is awesome.

Being my first polymer gun I was expecting to feel a little recoil but this thing is really well balanced and really I pleasure to shoot. I left the grip as it came from the factory because it felt really great in my hand. I may attach the next size up back and side grip plates to see if it feels any better. I have a bigger hand so it may make it even more comfortable but as is it feels perfect.

So after 200rnds I am very pleased. No FTE or anything. I researched this gun for about a month and once I held it in the store I placed a deposit then and there.

If my camera worked I would post some pics of my targets to show how accurate this thing is.

On this forum the gun has received some mixed opinion from both member and the staff. I know a thread that Tuttle posted was revamped a few days ago which gave me a little to worry about but luckily I did not see any problems like he did.

I am very happy with my new acquisition and would highly recommend this gun to anyone.

Thanks
Old October 31, 2009, 02:44 PM   #2
Coltman 77

Sounds good. Congrats on your new HK.

Protect our 2nd Amendment Rights -- Join the NRA
Old October 31, 2009, 03:42 PM   #3
rsxr22

congrats!!! Im glad it worked out for you! Good to hear. Im not sure if i mentioned in our PM's or not, but there is a gunsmith by the name of Bill Springfield at trigger-work.net who is highly respected throughout the HK and Sig community, and for $55, he will lighten the pull up on it for you up to 30%.

He has worked on 4 of my HK's and i and many others at HKPRO can recommend confidently his work. My latest gun he did, was my carry gun, p2000sk, i sent him the gun and night sights, he installed the night sights and did the trigger job for $85 and return shipping was included
Old October 31, 2009, 03:50 PM   #4
Neil2470

Wow that sound really good. I like the factory sights but the ones that came on my Sig P220 elite are clearly nicer. I was looking on gun broker for a set of truglows like my sig has. Thanks it is definitely something to think about.
Old November 1, 2009, 03:49 PM   #5
StuntManMike

I am not suprised. Every time I have shot an HK handgun I have walked away impressed regardless of the model. For what ever reason, they are super easy to shoot.
Old November 1, 2009, 08:36 PM   #6
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Quote:
On this forum the gun has received some mixed opinion from both member and the staff. I know a thread that Tuttle posted was revamped a few days ago which gave me a little to worry about but luckily I did not see any problems like he did.
Glad your experience came out different from mine. I really wanted to like that HK, especially it's ergonomics. It has been the most comfortable handling handgun for me to date. Comfortable to shoot has been a close second. But it had to go for trade in for what I feel is a better firearm. (Of course, the new gun I acquired was more expensive, too.)

Hopefully, it will work for you in the long run. One piece of advice: if you experiment with the side panels, try mismatching them as well. You might be surprised if you're using different sizes on each side and it actually works.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old November 1, 2009, 08:37 PM   #7
flight954

You would really like the HK45

Tags
p30 , p30l , range report