The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 16, 2009, 11:40 PM   #1
olddav

Model 11 Parts

Does anyone know where one can buy Model 11 parts.

I disassembled my Remington Model 11 (finally) and was supprised at the condition it was in. The nylon pad was intact and most parts seemed to be in good shape, but I did notice that the hammer seemed to have an elongated hole (where the pin fits). I not sure, but I suppect that this is a sign of impending failure. I would like to avoid damaging the gun if at all possible.
Finding replacement parts would be a step in the right direction. If anyone can, please post a phone number, web site or email address.
Old November 17, 2009, 12:40 AM   #2
omega

http://www.brownells.com
Old November 17, 2009, 01:14 AM   #3
olddav

Thanks for the effort, but I could not find anything that would fit the Model 11. I saw alot of 11-87 and 1100, but no Model 11. I believe that this could be a difficult, considering that the gun was manufactured in 1938.
Old November 17, 2009, 02:13 AM   #4
Scorch

Quote:
but I did notice that the hammer seemed to have an elongated hole (where the pin fits). I not sure, but I suppect that this is a sign of impending failure. I would like to avoid damaging the gun if at all possible.
The hammer pivot hole is supposed to be oblong.

Quote:
Does anyone know where one can buy Model 11 parts.
Since the Model 11 has been out of production since 1947, I doubt you will find many parts from Brownells. Instead, try Numrich Arms or Jack First Gunshop. Numrich lists many parts for the Model 11.
http://www.e-gunparts.com/products_new.asp?CatID=5642
http://www.jackfirstgun.com/order.php
Old November 17, 2009, 08:53 AM   #5
jaguarxk120

Some of the parts from the A5 may inerchange with the Model 11. They are basicly the same gun.
Old November 17, 2009, 09:15 AM   #6
olddav

Thanks for the info both on the parts and condition of the hammer.
I will look into the links that were supplied and interchangeability of A-5 parts.

Just a quick word of praise for the help that has been provided via "The Firing Line Forum". It has been a wealth on information on specific concerns for the guns I own, it has also provided me with insight into issues that I wasnt aware of.

Great is the day that I discovered "The Firing Line Forum".
Old November 17, 2009, 10:50 AM   #7
F. Guffey

http://www.leesgunparts.com/

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, he is very busy, I am due to make a trip over there if you do not find the part let me know, before 1928 the safety was push forward/backward, after 1928 the safety was a cross bolt type that slid right and left.

F. Guffey
Old November 18, 2009, 05:36 PM   #8
DG45

Check out these two hyperlinks that a member of this forum using the screen name T. O'Heir put me onto when I was locking for a replacement forearm for my Model 11:

http://www.gun-parts.com/remingtonshotgun/

and

http://www.gun-parts.com/remingtonstocks/

Note: If you're interested in the stocks, pay close attention because there are apparently several different tang sizes and different screw hole arrangements. You'll need to measure both tangs and know where the screwholes are supposed to go in order to make sure you get the right stock for your particular gun.

As far as internal mechanical parts of the gun are concerned, two of the most likely parts to ever need replacing are the firing pin and the action spring. Midway USA listed both of these Model 11 parts for sale in their Midway Master Catalog #32 which I received six months or so ago. They listed the Remington Model 11 Extra Power Action Spring (from Wolff Gunsprings) as their product # 763-504 for $9.99. They listed the Remington Model 11 firing pin (by Glend Arms) as Product # 233-288 for $14.49 ( but be careful when ordering because I think some Model 11's had round firing pins and others square and I don't know which one the advertised one is, or which style your gun uses).

Midway's website is www.midwayusa.com
Old November 18, 2009, 09:02 PM   #9
olddav

Thanks DG45

I have added the links to my growing list of "Favorites", and your right I know that the hammer and firing pin has never been replaced. Come to think of it, no part has ever been replaced at least not since I've had it (approx 38 years). The fact that I havn't shot the gun very much over the last 25 years is the reason it has faired aswell as it has.
Old November 19, 2009, 03:37 PM   #10
DG45

I'm pleased to be of assistance to a fellow Model 11 owner. I like to help if I can, because other members of this forum have helped me a lot in the past.

I don't know if you scrolled all the way past the Model 11 information down to the bottom of the Bob's Gun Parts site, but if you didn't, you should. The last thing on that site is a photo of all the different types of Remington firing pins he has, for several different models of guns, and the photo shows both of the two different designs of firing pins that have been used through the years on Model 11's. Since you've already disassembled your gun, you should be able to just look at the pictures of the two different Model 11 firing pins pictured in the photo and compare them against the one you actually have to know which type to get for your gun, if you ever need one.