The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 7, 1999, 01:01 AM   #1
Coinneach
Staff Alumnus

Got my free-trial Defender bellyband thingie in the mail today.

Well. It's... different. I found that carrying my G20 in it had two effects:

1) I can't sit down unless I want to undergo self-inflicted testicular compression, and
b) When I stand, it looks like John Holmes has taken up residence in my trousers. Whether that's a Good Thing remains to be seen.

However, it did the job of concealing a bigass gun on a short, stocky guy. Just not quite comfortably. Perhaps it would be better with looser pants, like pleat-fronts or banger-baggies.

Hopefully it'll work better with a smaller gun. I'll try it with a G26 later this week.

------------------
"The right of no person to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property,
or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall be called into question.."
Article 11, Section 13, CO state constitution.
Old December 9, 1999, 06:45 AM   #2
leedesert

I have one as well and I carry a Ruger P97. Have you tried it IWB behind your right hip (if your righty). This is where I carry mine and it's very comfortable. I keep it level with my pant line and it keeps it nice and tight to my body. More then a traditional IWB does. I threw away the velcro strap.

------------------
"It is easier to get out of jail then it is a morgue"
Live long and defend yourself!
John 3:16

Old December 13, 1999, 02:25 PM   #3
Coinneach
Staff Alumnus

Got the G26 on Friday, and I've been wearing the Defender with it all day today. Driving, sitting, walking, no problems. It seems to like Dockers-type pants better than jeans, which is OK with me. With jeans and a leather jacket, a Yaqui Slide works just fine.

I'm sold on the Defender for deep concealment. It isn't fast, but it works.

------------------
"The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it."
-- John Hay, 1872
Old December 13, 1999, 08:56 PM   #4
pbash

The Defender works great with a J-Frame S&W either right in front, but a bit to the side to avoid discomfort when sitting, or slid around to just behind the strong side hip with the grip sticking out just above the waistline. Very concealable, particularly with the old-style J-frame grips.