The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 19, 2004, 01:23 PM   #1
gudel

Bianchi Accumold

Anyone use the Bianchi Accumold for the HK USP 45? I just ordered one from MidwayUSA, so it should be here this week.
I would like to buy Fobus, but Fobus doesn't make one, only for the Compact ones.
Old December 24, 2004, 12:08 AM   #2
Chindo18Z

gudel: I think you'll enjoy your Accumold. I have two which I use for revolvers. They mostly get used for range carry but make fairly decent belt guns on a duty rig. I like the fact that they offer good protection and minimum finish wear on some of my older blued/nickeled Smiths & Rugers (not really a consideration for bombproof finish of the USP). They are fairly form-fitting to desired weapon, look as good as any non-leather holster out there, and are not overly spendy. I believe they take belts up to 1.75" (Bianchi makes a fairly nice matching nylon duty belt plus other belt accessories). Or you can order anything by Uncle Mike's for a close match or mix. They make several levels of retention for the Accumolds (ranging from a thumbsnap to Level II/III).

I had a USP Compact .40 and used a Fobus. Not bad for the price. Depends what you need the holster to do and how you plan to carry the weapon (range, plinking, CCW, etc.). Give Fobus a little more time and I am sure they will come out with a full-size USP version. Or get an Uncle Mikes kydex paddle for about the same price as the Fobus.

The Fobus combo single mag / tactical light paddle pouch is pretty decent and inexpensive. I carry a CZ-75 15 rd mag & Surefire 6Z light in mine.

Midway is fast on delivery. You probably already have your holster by now. Enjoy and good luck...
Old December 24, 2004, 01:07 AM   #3
gudel

Yes you are correct Chindo, I just got it today. Fast shipment on MidwayUSA part.

The holster is adjustable in cant and in vertical position. The paddle section has rubbery serration like you see in a ping pong paddles. Very sticky once set up.
It fits my USP45 perfect I'd use it for the range. I have Bianchi Cobra tac holster for use when the M2/UTL is attached to the USP. I don't want to attach the M2 during day time, so I bought this Accumold.

I have Fobus holsters for all my Glocks and SA-XD, those holster work very well. I purchased an Uncle Mike's kydex for my SA and Colt 1911 but they seem to be very hard on the guns.

The Bianchi Accumold is exactly what I'm looking for. Easy to set up, doesn't move a lot like the Fobus.
Old December 25, 2004, 06:33 PM   #4
Chindo18Z

gudel: How do you like that Bianchi paddle? After your description, I'm kinda thinking about getting one to try out for my ownself. Its hard to gauge fit and comfort looking at internet advertising. How does it compare to Fobus/Uncle Mike versions (or any other paddle rigs)? Does your USP ride higher? lower? closer to the body? comfort?

Realize that you (like most) are busy with holidays and probably haven't had time to form an opinion...but when you get the chance. Seasons Greetings.
Old December 26, 2004, 02:15 PM   #5
gudel

Chindo, I will take pictures later on tonight.
I think I have a picture or two of fobus and uncle mike for my xd and colt 1911, this way you can compare those.
I'll PM you later.