The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 1, 2009, 11:34 AM   #1
squeak003

old gun needs identified

future father-in-law has a 20 gauge that was given to him years back. it has no butt stock and it the outside is has a lot of surface rust. he asked me to look at it to find out what it was as his eyes are bad. all i could make out was what appears to be american auto arms, on the other side it says 20 gauge, it is a single shot and the barrel says "proof tested", and the safety looks to be a little lever on top that turns (looks like a barrel selector lever on a double barrel)

i cant find anything on it on google so i figured i would come to you. the inside of the barrel still looks good and he would like to be able to fire it again. ill try to get pics of it while im down there next weekend but if someone has any ideas what it might be and has pictures im sure i can tell u if its the same gun or not
Old June 1, 2009, 11:36 AM   #2
goodspeed(TPF)

A picture is worth a thousand words.

http://www.thepiratefleet.com/index.shtml
Old June 1, 2009, 07:47 PM   #3
squeak003

just looking to see if anyone could suggest from my description what it might be until i could get a picture
Old June 1, 2009, 09:16 PM   #4
Old Guard Dog

I checked to see if it is a store brand (Like J.C. Higgens) made by someone else, but I can't find it. Perhaps a company that got bought up by another, or out of business.