The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old January 26, 2013, 08:13 PM   #1
moisanfan11

moisan price

Are moisan nagant prices going up because of this gun panic or are dealers trying to rip people of in my town, because i'm seeing them for more then i payed for mine a year ago and want another one, but won't pay more than $150
Old January 27, 2013, 10:52 AM   #2
tobnpr

It's Mosin-Nagant...

And you already said you're not going to pay more than "X", so don't...

People are free to price things where they choose. I am keeping a mental "list" of companies that are gouging, and I will not do business with them after all this dust settles.

I've seen 54R ammo tins for nearly $150...but reliable companies like AIM are still selling it for $80...

If you want to reward the businesses that are doing the right thing, give them your business even if it means waiting a while for what you want.
Old January 27, 2013, 10:52 AM   #3
stu925

They are going to go up some now matter what, there's only so many of them and they aren't being produced any more. I have noticed an increase in price on them at shows since I bought mine. I paid $109 for mine and I've seen them as high as $200. Shop around you can find a decent price on them still or get you an 03 FFL (C&R) and order one direct for around $100+ shipping (when they're in stock) from AIM. I've been toying with the idea of getting a C&R license for years but just haven't gotten around to it yet. I wouldn't say $150 is over priced for a good condition 91/30 if that was the going rate, it's still way below the cost of any other WWII surplus rifle and they're pretty good shooters based on my rifle. If I didn't have a Mosin and all I could find were $150 rifles I'd still buy one. Since I already have a 91/30 the only rifle I would consider spending that much on would be a hex receiver.

Stu
Old January 27, 2013, 10:58 AM   #4
eastex

Saw a few at a gun show for 300.00
Old January 27, 2013, 11:03 AM   #5
xLPlushy

Went to a show yesterday, saw 91/30's going for $295 + tax and PICS check, so around $325 out the door. I'm kicking myself for not buying one a year ago when I saw them for $95 out the door.

Tapatalked via my highly abused iPhone
Old January 27, 2013, 11:29 AM   #6
tobnpr

Did you actually see anyone pay that much for one?

That would be borderline retarded, for cripes sake. You can buy a K-31 for just a bit more than that...

The problem is you have people still panicking, even though the Democrats have already started backing off on gun control- publicly.

No one is taking away your Mosin-Nagant, people...calm down....
Old January 27, 2013, 11:41 AM   #7
m&p45acp10+1

Here in the local market at the gun stores that are not known for thier low prices they go for between $159 and $189. If you want one that is cheaper then get a C&R liscense. They cost $30 and once you have it you can order online, it will be shipped to your door. If not then you are going to pay more it is that simple. I bought one on Thursday for $165 out the door at a store not known for low prices. Though I prefer to buy that way becuase I can inspect the rifles in the crate, and pick the one I want. Not the one that someone pulled out, and stuck in a shipping box. I have not seen any bad ones, though some look better than others.