The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 24, 2007, 07:46 PM   #1
skeeter1

DIY Trigger Shoe

I do like my little Crosman 2250B CO2 rifle for shooting on my little (25') range in my basement. However, I've never liked the skinny trigger on it. I searched all over and couldn't find a trigger shoe for it, but I did come across someone on the net who made his own. I wish I knew who he was to give him credit for the idea.

At any rate, I decided to try it myself, and it was surprisingly easy, and could probably work on just about any gun.

The hardest part was making a 1:1 scale photo of my trigger with the digital camera and printing it out to exact scale. Must have wasted about 20 prints getting it exactly right.

Next step was to glue the photo onto a scrap of wood the same thickness as the trigger. In my case, the trigger miked out at 0.125" and I found a scrap of wood exactly that thickness.

I cut it out roughly with a coping saw and finished it up with a Dremel Moto-Tool.

After that, I put a liberal amount of auto paste wax on it. Next, build up the form with a hefty amount of J-B Weld. (Use the quick-set version only. I learned that lesson the hard way).

Once it sets up, knock it free from the form, grind it to shape with the Dremel, and attach it to the trigger with a little Duco cement. Voila! Simple and cheap trigger shoe.

There's no reason you couldn't do something similar on any gun that needs a trigger shoe, and if it doesn't work out, you can always take it off.

Just thought I'd share,

--skeeter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shoe1.JPG (175.6 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg shoe2.JPG (192.4 KB, 115 views)