The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 14, 2006, 12:06 PM   #26
Leftoverdj

Nobody with a stock Ruger 77 in .270 Win that he has fired maybe 30 shots through needs to worry about any of this minutia. It may be of concern to the benchrest boys. It's a time waster for ordinary shooters with ordinary equipment.

With ordinary equipment and ordinary skills, all you need to know is that your ammo works through the magazine and is of a length that gives good accuracy. No real need to measure, you can learn all you need to know by cut and try. The sliding bullet or smoke methods give you a starting point, and you can fine tune by quarter turns of the seating stem.

I often wonder how many people have been put off reloading forever by those who insist on turning it into an insanely complicated and expensive proposition.
Old February 25, 2006, 08:35 PM   #27
yotkiller

270 bullets

I have shot 130gr Hornady Interbonds and Nosler 140 Accubonds. Let me know if you want my load data for these bullets. Check out www.bulletdudes.com for reloading test packs. Good Luck!!!
Old February 26, 2006, 12:23 AM   #28
kingudaroad

Quote:
I often wonder how many people have been put off reloading forever by those who insist on turning it into an insanely complicated and expensive proposition
Well a $30 chamber gauge was a great tool for me to gain a little bit more accuracy.

A little bit more accuracy! That's what I'm talkin about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!