The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old October 6, 2012, 12:01 PM   #1301
JIMBOINVA

First post -- I like the forum rules. Good to find a place that does not tolerate personal attacks. I also like the tech info here.
- I'm returning to plinking after a few years off
- I'm a desk bound fed now - no more high risk warrants or street cases
- Former intel geek for the SEAL Teams
- Good friends still there help me with my stupid questions
- Shooting an HK MR556 - unfired right now but getting it set up
- Looking fwd to learning & sharing.
JIMBO IN VA
Old October 9, 2012, 05:12 PM   #1302
reddog48

kellyh member

hi ,64 year old gun enthusiast and lifetime NRA member,
glad to have found this website...
Old October 13, 2012, 04:14 AM   #1303
Nimrod2

Greetings

I am a 62 year old hunter who has loved guns & shooting for as long as I can remember. I have been an NRA member since 1965 and I still learn something new about guns, shooting, or hunting nearly every day.
I never thought I would say it but I'm just not that fired up about horns anymore although I still love to spend as much time as I can in the woods.
I love to hunt in other states and hear other hunters stories.
I grew up admiring Jack O'connor, Bill Jordan, and Elmer Keith and they all taught me a lot. I love to read books by those gentlemen as well as Hemingway, Ruark, Capstick, and others.
I am looking forward to learning a lot around here and hearing some more good hunting stories.
Old October 13, 2012, 11:56 AM   #1304
Departed402

Hello

Hello Firing Line. Unfortunately I felt it neccessary to create a new account due to identity issues. I'm an LEO with a love of hunting.
Old October 14, 2012, 04:55 PM   #1305
SmiiiLee

AR Newb

Hi, this is my first post. I am hoping these forums will help me get better acquainted with my new colt AR. They have been helpful so far just reading other posts so I think I will be happy here.
Old October 14, 2012, 07:55 PM   #1306
cola490

New member from Illinois

Hello all,

Greetings from the only state without some form of CC, and two ex-governors in federal prison. I hope to learn and maybe pass on some information.

Last edited by cola490; October 14, 2012 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old October 18, 2012, 11:16 AM   #1307
Bigboy44

Hello!

Hello there,
I am a 31 year old lover of firearms. I live in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. We're still hearing some elk bugles in some areas. The fall colors are fading and the big snow should be here soon!

I have a variety of firearms. I am really getting interested in the guns of the old west. I'm looking to get a colt clone soon. I really like the uberti 1873 el patron. If I can get it in 357 it'd be great!

Well, I'm glad to meet you folks and look forward to gaining (& contributing) some knowledge here.
Genesis 1:28
Old October 21, 2012, 08:14 PM   #1308
inconsequentia

new

well, hullo. just that, really. new here, 34 year old chick, currently located in midwest usa. hullo all.
Old October 24, 2012, 03:38 AM   #1309
Hiddenpiece

howdy!
i'm 43 years old, been shootin' since i was 5.
had a double lung transplant may 9th 2011.
i will be a chl instructor after feb of 2013. (currently in training)
lookin' to pass on and learn as much firearm info as possible.
lookin' to meet a lot of cool like minded people too!
very excited to have found this forum!
Clint Eastwood: "the .44 magnum. the most powerful handgun in the world. it can blow a mans head clean off. in all this excitement i can't remember if i fired 5, or if i fired 6 shots. but you got to ask yourself this one question, do you feel lucky..... punk.... well, do ya?"
john 3:16-17-18, romans 3:23, 6:23, 5:8, 10:13
Old October 25, 2012, 04:25 PM   #1310
austinjunks

new guy

Hey all new guy in savannah ga. Pretty average hobby shooter, not into competition just like to have fun. And thanks in advance for the plethora of info.
Old October 27, 2012, 03:26 PM   #1311
doc51

new guy on this site. joined today. just wanted to say hi yall to everybody. never done this before so please bare with me till i get the hang of it.
Old November 2, 2012, 07:04 PM   #1312
alrekr

New from WV

Hello, my name is Adam (Alrekr is actually my middle name) and I retired from the Marine Corp in 2000. My fascination with firearms started at a very young age as I grew up in a military family. I own some military rifles and pistols but mainly buy guns that interest me for whatever reason. My main woods rifle is an old Swedish mauser. Good information is always harder to find then a good gun, and that's why I'm here. Thanks for having me.
Old November 9, 2012, 06:40 AM   #1313
Rifleman1952

I became a member a few months ago. Retired parole officer. Been a shooting enthusiast for 30 years. Hunt groundhogs and coyotes, but not in the last two years. NRA member, belong to an indoor/outdoor range, CCW permit holder. Mostly carry a beautiful S&W Mod 60 j-frame, with an Uncle Mikes rubber grip during the spring, summer & fall. Will occasionally carry a Springfield Armory XD-45 when I go out at night (which is seldom) and during the Winter months. My best friends are all shooters.
Old November 9, 2012, 04:14 PM   #1314
Dr Big Bird PhD

Dr BigBird PhD - Real name is Harrison. 22 years old, born and raised in God's country, currently living the commie's country. Work at a small TV studio for the time being. Have only fired bolt actions until recently (hunting with the father/uncle), and just bought my first stripped lower. Noveske N4 Gen II. It'll be in my palms in a month or so, then I'm moving forward with my first build.
Who you are is not a function of where you are. -Off Minor
Old November 9, 2012, 08:17 PM   #1315
chad wanna dwink of wawa

Hello from WV

Hi! I am a person. A natural person, not an artificial person.

Last edited by tyme; February 17, 2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old November 11, 2012, 11:43 AM   #1316
silver arrow

Hello from near Atlanta, Ga.

Retired Col. 25 yrs.USAF. SAC. Avid shooter.
Old November 11, 2012, 05:31 PM   #1317
skintner

Greetings from WA

Hello all...

I am a 59 year old 11 year survivor of liver cancer. My grandfather taught me and my two brothers to shoot with a single shot Benjamin pump BB gun. I am an avid hunter of birds and big game. I am an Army veteran and a FIRM believer in my 2nd Amendment rights.

steve
Old November 12, 2012, 10:11 PM   #1318
Cory.S

Hello...
I am Cory and I am 37 years old. I am married going on ten years and we have a six year old and a nine year old. I work in the plastics industry and start welding classes this spring. I used to have quite a few firearms but hard times forces me to sell most of them and I am trying my hardest to get started again.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Old November 13, 2012, 05:42 PM   #1319
Curt Searcy

New to the forums

I recently discoved this forum and found it had some good information that helped me in making a decision on purchasing a new handgun. Bought a Ruger GP100 recently and love it. The wife also bought her first, a Glock 19 Gen 4 9mm. There are alot of people here more experienced than I with guns so I look forward to learning a few things from your experiences.
Old November 18, 2012, 07:21 PM   #1320
Warrior1256

Hello. As you can see I am from Kentucky. I have a moderate firearm collection consisting of defensive / military type firearms. Looking forward to having discussions with some of you fine folks.
Old November 26, 2012, 03:01 PM   #1321
Polish Space Marine

Hello, I'm a soon to be 15 year old who is quite interested in firearms and interested in owning one some day. I come from the glorious People's Republic of Jersey, land of 15-round magazines, welded on flash hiders, pinned stocks, and no bayonet lugs! I hope to learn more about firearms through this forum.
Old November 27, 2012, 05:02 AM   #1322
NHSHOOTER

New too

Hello, New to the forum but not to shooting, started reloading for my 7-08 about a month ago and enjoying the heck out of it. Tons of questions about reloading and of course guns, looking for another 08 as I write. Input anyone? Early morning here and need to get ready for work, will write again soon.
Old November 27, 2012, 11:21 PM   #1323
Chris9472

Hello All, I'm new to the forum.

I couldn't find the appropriate place for this the first time so I'm reposting it here:

My name is Chris, and I don't have much experience with guns. I shot some rifles and a few shotguns when I was younger, but that's about it. In the mid to late 90's, my first and only handgun purchase was a Colt Detective Special, turned out to be one of the last models produced. After having it for several months, I got nervous and foolishly sold it without ever firing it. I was young then, I am different now.

After realizing just how bad things are getting out there (or may become), I recently bought a Ruger LCR .38spl+p revolver. I've put about 150 rounds through it so far and am still struggling to be a better shot but I'm not giving up. I also had an LCP for awhile but found it difficult to use and didn't feet confident about it, so I sold it and have saved the money to put towards another snubbie or a shotgun. I think I want to stick with revolvers for now as far as CCW goes.

I hope to be able to learn much here as this seems to be a more serious firearms forum.
Old November 28, 2012, 11:30 AM   #1324
BigRick

Hello everyone, found the forum through a couple of blogs. Lots of good info on here, I'm way overdue to be on a gun forum.

Not new to the world of things going boom. Been shooting for the last 24 years (I'm 29).

Right now I own a Colt 1911, Steyr M40A-1, Webley and Scott 38/200, Mossberg Brownie, Ithica single shot .22, Interarms pump .22, Marlin 30-30, Romanian SKS, and a '38 Mosin Nagant 91-30.

Can't wait to get involved and learn from everyone on here.
Old November 28, 2012, 11:02 PM   #1325
Lark

About a week to go before I leave the oppression that is Japan. I got orders for Bangor and will be there soon. I already have an address establish there and was able to submit an ATF form 1 for a silencer build. Still got at least a month to wait for the rubber stamp on the application though. But this gives me time to set up my new (old) hobby lathe and finalize my design.

I am looking forward to seeing how the KRRC has changed since it was closed by the county over a noise lawsuit then allowed to re-open. The PSC has a membership cap, so it is a no-go there for me now.

lark

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent