The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old June 25, 2002, 02:17 PM   #1
Traithe

IDPA in Indiana

I would like to start shooting IDPA here in Indiana but would like to get some information about it from someone that is involved. Please let me know what clubs/ranges participate and who I need to contact to get started.

Thanks in advanced!

[email protected]

-Traithe
Old June 25, 2002, 04:16 PM   #2
Christopher II

Indiana has a fairly active IDPA community.

Where exactly are you located? I'm in Lafayette and shoot regularly at two local clubs.

Edit - Whoops! Didn't see.

Okay, it's a bit of a drive, but Wildcat Rifle and Pistol club has both IDPA and tactical shooting matches on a monthly basis. They're open to all comers, usually 25-30 shooters show up. Great group of folks, very dedicated. Wildcat is about 20 mins. north of Lafayette

Up in Winmac, Jefferson Township Rifle and Pistol Club just had their annual IDPA Classifier. They shoot IDPA and Action Pistol, sometimes twice a month. They are about 45 mins. North of Lafayette. Might be too far.

www.idpa.com should have a list of other clubs in Indiana.

- Chris

"Contrary to popular belief, your vote does not matter, and you cannot make a difference." - Bob Murphy, "Picking Neither of Two Evils"

My PGP Public Key
Old June 25, 2002, 06:01 PM   #3
Traithe

The Wildcat R&P Club looks like it is the closest to me. What time do the matches get started there and what is the latest time that day that you can register? Also are they still doing the shoots on the second Saturday of the month?

Thanks!

-Traithe
Old June 26, 2002, 04:36 PM   #4
Christopher II

The matches start at 10am, if'n I remember right. You'll want to get there a bit early to sign up, say by 9:30 or so. I believe that the matches are the 1st Saturday of the month. If you want more info on the Wildcat matches, send an email to Bill DeZarn ( [email protected]) He organizes the matches. I think he posts here once in a while, too.

Hope to see you at the next one!

- Chris

"Contrary to popular belief, your vote does not matter, and you cannot make a difference." - Bob Murphy, "Picking Neither of Two Evils"

My PGP Public Key
Old June 26, 2002, 11:32 PM   #5
Traithe

Cool! Thanks for the info. I emailed Bill and he sent me all the info I need. I will be at an Indoor GSSF League shoot the day of the next IDPA shoot at the Wildcat R&P, but I hope to be at the one after that!

-Traithe
Old June 28, 2002, 07:07 PM   #6
wabash

I know you saw me post this on another board, but here it is for the TFL readers.

http://www.midwestshooter.com/
Old June 28, 2002, 07:29 PM   #7
Traithe

The next match at the Wildcat R & P Club is Saturday July 13th and the following is what will being going on that day:

We have the target overlays in so we will be shooting
at drawings instead of shirts. It looks like fun.

3 COF's, one pistol and 2 rifle. Need about 50 rounds
for the pistol and 100 rounds for the rifle. You must
use the same sight arrangement throughout the course,
no competition only equipment.

Remember it is a tac match, there are no winners, just
survivors and the (simulated) dead.

We will start setting up at 8am. We can use help in
setting up. Registration about 9:30 with shooting
starting at 10am. These matches will run long
depending on the number of shooters. We only run one
group.

I've been told that most guys use an AR w/mags that can hold twenty rounds for the rifle COF's. It can have optics on it, but you cannot take them off. You have to use them for the CQB and the 100 yard COF's.

Sounds like a real Blast! No pun intended.

-Traithe