Old April 23, 1999, 10:09 PM   #1
amalgam

anyone know if Ruger still fits 9mm
cylinders to their .357 Blckhawks,
and what it might cost ?
Old April 23, 1999, 10:16 PM   #2
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

Amalgam, they do, but without calling to ask I don't know what one would cost. George
Old April 24, 1999, 01:27 AM   #3
amalgam

do you know if they do a .40S&W / 10mm Auto
combination ?

I think that would be a nice combo in a single action. same ammo in pistol and revolver.......
Old April 24, 1999, 07:29 AM   #4
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

I haven't seen that one advertised. George
Old May 7, 1999, 12:44 AM   #5
TEX

There is company just North of Houston, in Conroe, that makes cylinders for Rugers. They were mentioned in a small article in a gun magazine about a year ago. If I run across it again, I will post the address here.
Old May 26, 1999, 12:12 PM   #6
Sport45

Phillips and Rodgers does conversions like this. I don't have any experience with them, but they got a good review in Popular Mechanics. They have a neat revolver which chambers anything from .380 to .357 mag.

http://www.phillipsrodgers.com/

[This message has been edited by Sport45 (edited May 26, 1999).]
Old June 8, 1999, 03:33 PM   #7
chargar

Ruger has a policy of fitting 2nd. cylinders only to revolvers which came that was in the first place. In other words if you loose a cylinder they will fit a new one, other than that you are SOL.
Old June 9, 1999, 12:11 AM   #8
4V50 Gary
Staff

Tex,

Interesting news about somebody else making cylinders for Ruger. When I visited the factory (last time was 1996), I saw cylinder production line. It started life as a round bar stock which was cut to height. I guess time changes things and all things change in time.

Gary

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Old June 15, 1999, 11:25 PM   #9
cmore

gary, they don't make cylinders FOR ruger,they make cylinders for RUGERS: ie: aftermarket refits and calibers ruger didn't offer.
cmore

NIL ILLEGITIMI CARBORUNDUM
Old January 5, 2001, 12:25 AM   #10
fulltlt

I'm going to revive this thread as I have been looking
for a 9mm cylinder for my old model Ruger Blackhawk

Does anyone have any more up to date info?

Terry
Old January 5, 2001, 03:26 AM   #11
sck

Dear Sir:
About 3 years ago, I sent a .357 Blackhawk back to Ruger to be fitted with a 9mm cylinder. Ruger did the work and returned the weapon promptly, charging about $65 or $75, if I remember correctly. Unfortunately, within the last year, I have been asked by several customers to do the same but in each case received another response from Ruger. The first time, I just shipped off the weapon with the request to do the work. It was returned in about 2 weeks with a note that Ruger did not do that type of work any longer. Since then I have called for two other customers and each time been told the same thing--Ruger no longer does that type of work and I should sell the customer a Ruger combo.
I think there is room to hope, however. Ruger is generally a pretty good company about customer service. Even though I've been shot down three times, I get the sense that if you're really persistent and get to talk to one of the gunsmiths on the phone, he will probably tell you to send it in. My sense is that the folks that answer the phone and open the boxes have a set to rules and regulations, but if you can get past them, you have a good chance. Best of luck. Steve
Old January 5, 2001, 08:04 AM   #12
fulltlt

sck,

You wrote:
"My sense is that the folks that answer the phone and open the boxes have a set to rules and regulations..."

I assume that would be Ruger's own internal rules and not any Federal or State laws prohibiting this.

Terry