The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old October 1, 2015, 11:39 PM   #1
alan

Re Oregon college shooting, information missing,it seems

We've had, from Obama, the usual, expected glittering generalities, nothing specific, nothing new either.

As for the shooter, he seems to have aged by 6 years this according to news announcements heard this afternoon/evening, starting at 20,ending at 26. The late shooter had, or so it was described in a news broadcast, a first,middle and last name, which unfortunately I didn't catch, degraded hearing being something of a problem. Nothing about national origin, if other than American, or race, which strikes me as somewhat unusual. There was mention, during one newscast I heard, the claim that the shooter had questioned victims re their religion prior to shooting them. One can draw their own conclusions re the possible significance of such a question. Tomorrow may bring more information, we shall see. No doubt, there will be comment from political figures, others too.
Old October 2, 2015, 06:35 AM   #2
Tom Servo
Staff

As has been mentioned, we don't have enough information to have a meaningful or productive discussion on this matter.
Closed Thread