The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 5, 2001, 07:00 PM   #1
Alan Antopol

Surefire G2

Folks,

What do you think of the Surefire G2 as a general utility flashlight? So far has worked well for me - bright, small enough to carry, durable. Apologize if you've covered this ad nausium. This is my first post.

Thanks - Alan
Old August 5, 2001, 11:15 PM   #2
[email protected]
Wise Guy

Kicks serious ass. Just as good as the 6P, but significantly cheaper, good grip, lightweight, comes in 3 colors - OD, Black, and new Yellow.

This makes an excellent "keep in the car" light, good for the wife, or heck, great as a starter light that becomes a backup if you decide to move up to a Z2 / M2 for daily carry.

If you are looking at getting one for yourself, don't hesitate. You won't regret it. Best of all, except for the body and bezel, it shares parts commonality with the rest of the 6 Volt SureFire products - same batteries, same lamp assemblies (P60, P61), same accessories (SC1 spares carrier, holsters), etc, so if you do upgrade, you don't have to start from scratch.

http://www.1sks.com/store/surefire-g2.html
Old August 5, 2001, 11:25 PM   #3
blades67

I like the 6P better. If you have to try to hang onto a G2 with sweaty or bloody hands I can tell you the 6P is easier to hold on to.

I hunt, therefore I am.
Old August 9, 2001, 10:04 PM   #4
Justin Moore

I just bought a Z2
Democracy: A government of the masses, authority derived through mass meetings or any other form of direct expression; results in mobocracy; attitude toward property is communistic negating property rights; attitude toward law is that the will of the majority shall regulate whether it is based upon deliberation or governed by passion, prejudice, and impulse, without restraint or regard to consequences; its result is dem-o-gogism, license, agitation, discontent and anarchy.

Republic: Authority is derived through the election by the people of public officials best suited to represent them. Attitude toward property is respect for laws and individual rights and a sensible economic procedure. Attitude toward law is the administration of justice in accord with fixed principles that establish evidence with a strict regard for consequences. A greater number of citizens and extent of territory may be brought within its compass, it avoids the dangerous extremes of either tyranny or mobocracy. Results in statesmanship, liberty, reason, justice contentment and progress, is a standard for government around the world.
Old August 10, 2001, 11:35 PM   #5
Demonvomit

I believe its one of the better lights they made for the price but next if i was you i would buy an m2

later