The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 26, 2012, 02:15 AM   #1
jimkim

Little Dandy Rotor Chart

How accurate is the Little Dandy Rotor chart?
Old November 26, 2012, 07:58 AM   #2
res45

I use about 10 different rotors to throw pistol and some cast bullet rifle loads. Basically what I do is when I get a new jug/lot of powder I check to see what it throws with the range of rotors I will use with that powder and make my own chart.

My Bullseye chart looks something like this.
Old November 26, 2012, 09:32 AM   #3
F. Guffey

My opinion, the little Dandy is a very accurate powder measure, when loading pistol I do not get into mortal combat with the chart, drum and powder dumped. There was a time when I did not have most of the rotors, back then I would make an attempt to use a smaller drum and dump twice. Life is too short and I have too many other options, Lyman black and orange, most of the powder measures made by Herters and Ohaus, I have two Ohaus powder measures built like a very fine carburetor and it is a two in one meaning it has a large and small drum in one.

And then there is the after market drum maker, like clock work he runs on a cycle, it could be just about time for him to post a reminder.

F. Guffey