The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old March 4, 2011, 10:08 PM   #1
BarkeyVA

Anyone Buy Ammo from Target Sports USA?

I was looking for "cheap" 38 Special ammo for target practice and found the web site for Target Sports USA. Their prices are very competitive and they are offering free shipping for case lots. Does anyone have experience with this company?

Also, has anyone used Armscor ammo?
Old March 4, 2011, 10:23 PM   #2
oldgranpa

they were higher price on one order and delivery was longer than anybody else. I won't order from them again.
og
Old March 5, 2011, 02:47 AM   #3
pete950

Take a close look at,

SGAmmo.com and ammunitontogo.com

Just got Federal 158LSW factory ammo 500 rds for $12.90 a box

Pete
Old March 5, 2011, 01:03 PM   #4
hartgk01

Target Sports

I bought Eley Sport .22s from them with a cost including shipping cheaper than anywhere else I could find.
It took about a week for delivery. I would use them again.
Old March 5, 2011, 10:19 PM   #5
charleym3

Take a look at Ammoman http://ammoman.com/index.htm
Old August 15, 2012, 10:56 AM   #6
shooterguy

YEA........ I ordered some $600 worth on 8/9/2012, they got their money 8/9/2012, they printed a shipping label on 8/10 2012, on 8/15 2012 I called and ask whats up? Because that is a long dang time......Customer service got angry and refunded my money??????? they are surely some dopes in business these days. DO NOT USE THEM YOU MIGHT PASS OF OLD AGE BEFORE YOU GET YOUR ORDER!!!!!!!!
Old February 15, 2013, 09:44 PM   #7
swjslj

Target Sports USA is a scam.

I ordered 500 rounds of .223 ammo on 12/21/2013. It was listed as being in stock. It is now 02-15-2013 and I have not received my order. They have also not answered any of my six emails asking for my order status. The DID, however, charge my credit card. They also emailed me a FEDEX tracking number, but when I checked the FEDEX web site, I found the order had never been shipped. Something is wrong here; I think I've been scammed. I'm just trying to save others the aggravation.
Old February 16, 2013, 04:53 PM   #8
BrokenBottles

Quote:
Originally Posted by swjslj
I ordered 500 rounds of .223 ammo on 12/21/2013. It was listed as being in stock. It is now 02-15-2013 and I have not received my order. They have also not answered any of my six emails asking for my order status. The DID, however, charge my credit card. They also emailed me a FEDEX tracking number, but when I checked the FEDEX web site, I found the order had never been shipped. Something is wrong here; I think I've been scammed. I'm just trying to save others the aggravation.
On their website, they have this written on pretty much every page I've seen recently(as in since January 15th...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetSportsUSA.com
Due to a very high volume of incoming orders please know that it will take up to 20-22 days before we process your order and 3-4 weeks before you receive you order. Please note, we DO NOT take any back orders. You may place an order for items that are in stock only.

Thank you for your patience and support.

Please know that we are working as hard as we can to process and ship all orders out as soon as possible...
I don't think you were scammed at all. And since they've taken the money out of the account, they probably already the 500 rounds marked for you, that is assuming they actually get more in stock.
Old February 16, 2013, 08:29 PM   #9
rdhem2

Target Sports Ammo

I have had nothing but good service from these folks. I buy for two local clubs so we do use a fair amount of ammo. Always amazes me. Ship from CCI, Lewiston ID to Target Sports, east coast. Back to Yakima WA and still have a cheaper price per case than local folks. I want some of their diesel oil to run my truck with, it pays!
Old February 16, 2013, 10:19 PM   #10
buckhorn_cortez

I've ordered over 10,000 rounds from them in various calibers over the past 2 years. If you buy in case quantities, the price is difficult to beat because shipping is free. They are sometimes slow to ship because of the volume they do, but you always end up getting the ammunition. Unfortunately, they're out of nearly everything at this point. I would recommend them as I've always gotten what I've ordered from them.
Old February 19, 2013, 08:40 PM   #11
capnemo

Targetsportsusa

I backordered Glock mags knowing it would take awhile, got them in a month and was happy.

Backordered some 22lr and called after the expected 4+ weeks when the website stated they were shipping orders after my order date. A lady told me "it just came in" and I would get the tracking number "today". A week later I got the same story, "it just came in" and was shipping "today". I told her I would rather hear the truth than get "shined on", as I knew they were doing their best
and did not want to bother them daily as I knew they were doing their best..no response to that.

They seem to be a decent company coping with a difficult situation. I am sure my ammo will arrive, I just would rather hear the truth, ie. they do not know when. I likely will not call targetsportsusa again soon as I don't want to alienate them and get my order canceled, the price was very decent for the times and free shipping for bulk.

FWIW I also backordered from Brownells some 22lr as everyones prices were skyrocketing and they allowed backordering Blazer at the old price. I called them today and the lady looked into an ETA and came back that frankly the backorder was put in late last year and they had no idea when to expect it. I thanked her for her honesty and confirmed my price point was locked in, she said yes but they were no longer taking further backorders for that ammo.

Sign of the times.

Last edited by capnemo; February 19, 2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old April 16, 2013, 11:22 PM   #12
Bigbully

Don't do it...

I had to deal with these guys today at Target Sports USA, their customer service is awful, even through their owner Doug Delmic.

I ordered a 1000 rounds of Wolf Performance 7.62 ammunition. The package was shipped and received in a timely fashion. However, what I received, was a generic version of the brand name. Other web sites selling the generic ammo, clearly label them as generic, as well as show an accurate photo. My shipping order clearly designates the brand name. I called the company, and customer service transferred me to a man that did not identify himself. As I was explaining my issue, he interrupted me saying that I got what I ordered, and that was that, then hung up. So I called back, got him on the phone again, and asked him name, and why he would do that to a customer? His answer, "My name is, Doug and you're not a customer, as far as I am concerned, thanks for your money A$$hol3" Then hung up again. Doug Delmic the owner?

Now I know that the factory that makes the ammo in the generic box also makes products for Wolf, Tula, Golden Bear, etc. And honestly, I am fine with it, my entire point had he waited a moment and listened, was that "generic" is always less expensive than brand name. Make it right...in some manner. He was an jerk, so now my bank (Chase Manhattan) is involved, and I already have my money back. He can now come to me to collect it.

Stay away from these guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wolf Performance 7.62.jpg (115.5 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg Generic 7.62.jpg (112.9 KB, 102 views)

Last edited by Bigbully; April 16, 2013 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Spelling