The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 5, 2013, 04:01 PM   #1
drcook

Bob's Gun Parts - Royal Ar

Have any of you done business with them recently ? They are advertising Ithaca parts and I faxed them but got no answer. I also just emailed them today.

Sorry if you see this in multiple places.

Bob's Gun Shop po box 200 royal ar 71968

http://www.gun-parts.com/
Old October 5, 2013, 05:49 PM   #2
PetahW

They're usually super busy, and don't usually respond to inquiries, as replies just eat up too much of their time.

I've always simply sent them an order, accompanied by a check - If it's in stock, I usually get the item ordered in a week or so; If the item's out-of-stock (rarely), I've gotten my check returned.

Old October 6, 2013, 01:24 AM   #3
drcook

believe it or not, they answered my email this time almost immediately, unfortunately no 16ga Ithaca parts
Old October 6, 2013, 12:01 PM   #4
BigD_in_FL

Did you try Ithaca in Ohio?
Old October 6, 2013, 08:33 PM   #5
drcook

I actually live about 90 miles from them and have toured the factory. They do have parts available, however they are of the updated designs. I have bought parts from them.

The old ones, such as made in the late 40's through early 60's are of a more graceful design. Later than that, there were some "improvements" made to reflect the cost of labor.

I scavenge old parts whenever I can for the guns that I am building up. Newer guns, assembled with older parts gives you the best of both worlds.
Old October 8, 2013, 10:54 PM   #6
Armed_Chicagoan

Bob's web site has Ithica parts, but no Ithaca.
Old October 9, 2013, 12:54 PM   #7
drcook

B
Quote:
ob's web site has Ithica parts, but no Ithaca.
I guess that is the problem then !!!!

ITHACA made Model 37 20 16 and 12 ga guns.

ITHICA must not have
Old October 9, 2013, 01:52 PM   #8
Bill DeShivs

Order the parts, either on line or by mailing a check. If he has the parts he will ship. If he doesn't, your payment will be refused/returned.
Old October 10, 2013, 08:13 AM   #9
drcook

Quote:
Order the parts, either on line or by mailing a check. If he has the parts he will ship. If he doesn't, your payment will be refused/returned.
I guess you must have been ducking cause that one flew right over your head and I guess you didn't recognize tongue in cheek humor.

The comment about ITHICA vs ITHACA is spelling. The CORRECT way to spell it is ITHACA, is now and has always been ITHACA.

ITHICA is a mistake on his website.

As far as that goes I am not going to send anyone money just hoping they will have what I need, because all you have to do is wait a little bit and it will show up on eBay eventually.

That business model, the equivalent to spray and pray shooting just doesn't cut it.

Based on the comments that I got from around the web, he needs to get his act together, so that he will have a business. People are getting the feeling he just doesn't care.
Old October 10, 2013, 08:58 AM   #10
PetahW

Since Bob's overwhelmed with business, I would suggest his business model/plan is working for him.

Old October 10, 2013, 09:12 AM   #11
drcook

Quote:
Since Bob's overwhelmed with business, I would suggest his business model/plan is working for him.
Maybe he is overwhelmed because he is not organized ?

Not from me, nor from the other's that responded.

Feel free to mail him a check and hope something comes back when you need it.

That is just completely ludicrous thinking.

A person takes a gun to get repaired and the gunsmith tells him "I mailed a check to this guy hoping he has the part. If it shows up in a couple weeks, I will fix the gun, if it doesn't I will start over".

If someone told me that, I would take my gun somewhere else to get fixed.

Maybe you wouldn't.
Old October 11, 2013, 10:27 AM   #12
PetahW

It's a free country, so it's nice to spend your $$ wherever you like.

FWIW, as posted, I aleady HAVE sent in payment, several different times in fact - we're not talking the National Debt, here - and have always gotten either what I ordered or my funds back.

Old October 11, 2013, 11:02 AM   #13
blackhawk45

Sent order with payment, received order ! no problem.