The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 29, 2013, 09:49 PM   #1
AdamSean

New EDC Knife: Ka-Bar TDI

I have carried a knife for defense everyday for as long as I can remember. It usually a folding knife clipped in my pocket. But I have been eyeing a nifty looking fixed blade for a couple of years. Why I took so long to get one, I have no clue. I ordered it Friday and it arrived today. Its a Ka-Bar TDI large plain edge. It has a bend in the middle to give it a pistol like grip. It was actually designed with police and other law enforcement in mind. It is supposed to be worn on the off side from the firearm in the case an officer finds himself in a situation where someone is trying to take his gun. He can then grab the TDI from its kydex sheath and defend himself. The knife can also be effectively used with an underhand grip. It came with 2 straps that can be used with a Molle strap system. I also ordered a clip that attaches and can be worn IWB. This is my intended use. I was looking at some videos about this knife and came across a demo by TDI instructors. They set up a balloon and asked volunteers to pull out a folding knife and pop the balloon with the use of a timer. The average time it took was 2.5 seconds. Then they were asked to use the TDI knife. Average time was .75 seconds. It was a really cool video. All I need now is some type of trainer to practice this uniquely shaped knife.

Old January 30, 2013, 05:42 AM   #2
JimmyR

Nice blade.

Not trying to thread jack, but if my linguistics skills are right, that looks like ancient Hebrew on your tattoo on your wrist. What does it translate to?
Old January 30, 2013, 08:18 PM   #3
AdamSean

It is Hebrew. On my right wrist is Jehovah and Elyon on my left. It means "The Most High God".
Old January 31, 2013, 03:23 AM   #4
JimmyR

Beautiful

Thanks for the translation. My first wife had studied Biblical Hebrew in seminary (to the point of tutoring other students after a year of study), and I absorbed a small amount of it.