The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old October 14, 2004, 03:14 PM   #1
ConfinedbytheCurtain

Range Recommendation

I would like to recommend the Hogue Action Range to anyone in the SLO county area of California. I live in LA County but was up in that area and was recommended the range by a fellow TFLer (sorry I dont remember your name, but thanks just the same). The range is outdoor and pretty loose when it comes to rules and regulations. Im all for rules if they have to do with safety, but I hate buying reloads in southern kali (they are twice as much as white box). Most ranges Ive been to require that you shoot THEIR ammo which makes shooting too expensive. Anyway, the range master (I believe his name was James, ex military) was awesome, he answered any questions we had and even gave us free targets. Later on when the range was less crowded, he took out an AR15 (which I had only shot once) and let me and all my buddies use it. Not to mention the .308 he let us plink around with. There was also an old time muzzle loader there with an antique rifle which he also let us shoot. Bottom line: if you are in SLO county, give this range a try you wont regret it. I dont have the address, it is right off the highway 1 near Cuesta College (type Hogue Action Range into Yahoo, they have a webpage)