The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old February 18, 2013, 03:16 PM   #26
hardworker

Sounds to me like you're describing one of the shops in Norfolk I had the misfortune of visiting once.
Old February 18, 2013, 03:37 PM   #27
lcpiper

Amazing what some people can get used to isn't it

I smoked for almost 30 years. I smoked a great deal. I never owned my own business but if I had, it would have been a small business I suspect. I probably couldn't have afforded to hire much help so I would have been at the counter myself much of the time.

I am sure that people like you would have found my place disgusting as well.

I find that some people, those who are intolerant and judgmental, well they do have a reason why they are the way they are. I can understand it. People who have never suffered harsher environments or worked less comfortable lives often see things relative to their experiences.

Let's just hope that the anti-gun people don't manage to pull off the same thing the ant-smoking people did. Just get the government to keep on taxing guns and ammo and all the rest until it's so expensive folks just give up. The funny thing is, the folks that didn't smoke but do own guns, they may not see it coming till it's too late. The day we let our government use taxation as a means to induce social engineering was a sad day for our country. But hey, it was for our benefit right
Old February 20, 2013, 10:02 PM   #28
tynman

Icpiper I havnt givin up on smoking yet... But I dont know how long I can keep paying $8.50 or more a pack... I might just have to start growing my own soon... Let the Government keep selling everyone that the price of gas has to go up cause of some excuese or tax it more.... We will all see how those prices go too.... But its all ok because they tell us so....

I still dont see how smoking in a gun store should even be a factor... Now the way the guy acted that I see a problem with....
Old February 20, 2013, 10:18 PM   #29
Tom Servo
Staff

This isn't a thread about smoking, or of bans thereof. It's off topic for this forum in general, but we keep drifting back to it.
Closed Thread