The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 13, 2013, 01:39 AM   #1
BarryLee

LaRue Tactical New Sales Policy

LaRue Tactical has announced a new policy of applying each State’s firearms policies to all sales within that State including State/Local LEOs. So, in other words if a State restricts certain items from sale to the civilian market LaRue will no longer sale the item to any State or local agency. While probably more symbolic than anything I guess it is good to put your values before your profits.

https://www.facebook.com/LaRueAccuracy
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old February 13, 2013, 06:08 AM   #2
Aguila Blanca
Staff

That's two: LaRue Tactical and Olympic Arms. Now if Bushmaster would get with the program ...
Old February 13, 2013, 10:23 AM   #3
Tucker 1371

^^^^
My thoughts exactly. Not sure how I feel about BFI manufacturing in NY, I'd hate to see folks lose jobs but I also hate that the people who build Busmasters can't even legally own them.
OEF 2011 Sangin, Afg. Molon Labe
Old February 13, 2013, 01:18 PM   #4
BarryLee

Quote:
Not sure how I feel about BFI manufacturing in NY, I'd hate to see folks lose jobs
Yes, each organization has to make the decisions they feel are right for all stakeholders including employees. I know there are ongoing efforts from States that tend to be more “free” to attract businesses from more oppressive States, so who knows maybe we’ll see some manufactures choose to relocate. However, if they choose to stay and support their existing workforce I think we can also be supportive of that decision.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old February 13, 2013, 03:00 PM   #5
lcpiper

I think Bushmaster will have no problem with their bottom line cause their guns are selling hot everywhere else.
Old February 13, 2013, 03:39 PM   #6
Gaerek

Barrett has been doing that for several years now. They won't sell to California until they allow civilians to own .50cal.

Copied from Barrett's Wikipedia entry:

Quote:
In response to California's ban of civilian ownership of .50 BMG rifles, Barrett suspended sales and service to all law enforcement agencies in California.
Old February 13, 2013, 08:41 PM   #7
Joe_Pike

Quote:
Barrett has been doing that for several years now. They won't sell to California until they allow civilians to own .50cal.
I thought they started selling them guns in .338 Lapua. I just vaguely remember someone telling me that.
Old February 14, 2013, 12:16 AM   #8
Gaerek

I seriously doubt Barrett will sell anything to California LE agencies. The CEO basically said they don't sell to law breakers, and since California's .50 cal ban is unconstitutional, California is a law breaker.

This article gives better info:

http://www.dailypaul.com/255489/its-...ca-govt-agency