The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 19, 2007, 03:21 PM   #1
Pahoo

Paper Shotshell Value

Could any of you fellas give me an idea of what old paper shotshells are worth? Friend of mine has some .410 in 3" and 2-3/4", 28 Ga. in 2-3/4" and 12ga. in 2-3/4". Know he is not greedy and just wants an idea. They are in pretty nice shape. Your help is much appreciated!!
Old December 19, 2007, 04:44 PM   #2
BigJimP

Assuing they were kept in a good dry condition - and you wanted to shoot them, I'd probably offer him $ 2.50 a box for them. Depends if they're field or target loads ( 9's, 6's or whatever ..)

If you are looking to buy them as a " collectable " - it'll depend on the brand and the condition of the box - the better the box, the more the value, maybe $ 5 to $ 10 a box if they're an old winchester or remington box.
Old December 21, 2007, 02:55 PM   #3
jhgreasemonkey

I have seen them asking as high as $40 per box of old paper shells. I have 2 old boxes of 12 guage remington kleenbore #4 paper shot shells and have seen those ones going for around $20 per box.
They arent worth much money but they are a cool collectible to have. I would keep them or shoot them if I was you.