The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 8, 2013, 06:30 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally posted by BuckRub
To flgunguy, you have those guns and carry the XDM ? That the piece of crap compared to all the others. Just me but I don't believe you'd carry the XDM if you had all those others. But I guess it sounds good
Maybe you can enlighten us on the areas of superiority of a Glock compared to an XD/XDm/XDs? Would that be like not having a relieved ejection port on a combat pistol? Glock is the only major manufacturer that doesn't relieve ejection ports and that's as a cost cutting measure and in the case of late gen3 and gen4 Glocks, what pistol has as many brass to the face issues, that could be aided by using a relieved ejection port to go along with those "New and Improved" ejectors that Glock is busy replacing since the kids took over after Gaston's retirement. How about those funky Glock sights? How about the poor casehead support in all their pistols not chambered for the 9mm? How about the tiny rail system in comparison to the very substantial chamberblock/rail system of the XD designs copies from SIG/Sauer? That chamberblock design also provides steel under the chamber where a Glock is polymer, and what, at the cost of 1 to 2mms of higher bore axis? Is the Luger grip angle really superior to the Browning grip angle? How about polygonal bores that require strict attention in shooting cast lead bullets, or a replacement barrel conventionally rifled like the Match Grade barrels that come standard in the XDm? Please, do enlighten us!
Old April 8, 2013, 07:53 PM   #52
9mmsnoopy

Buy one, but not that one. $700 is too much, but the gun is impressive.
Bushmaster AR15
Old April 8, 2013, 08:02 PM   #53
Mauser8mm

Wait

They used to go for $500, wait for the craziness to slow down.

It's better to be silent and called a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
Old April 8, 2013, 09:09 PM   #54
wneubauer

Just got mine for 549.00.... Cleaning and lube was certainly needed out of the box. Very nice fit, field strip is a breeze, so far so good.

And the best thing about it, it's not a Glock!
Old April 8, 2013, 09:36 PM   #55
BuckRub

No, it's not a Glock! It's a wanna be.
Old April 9, 2013, 12:31 PM   #56
bamiller

Really like my XDS but $700 is way too high. Bought mine out-the-door for $550.
Old April 10, 2013, 05:37 PM   #57
PatientWolf

Just saw 6 @ the LGS. price was $549. I am a little this week or I'd have picked one up instead of the SR9c I plan to get later in the week.
Old April 10, 2013, 08:00 PM   #58
therifleman556

I just picked up a compact .45 model. Overall I am quite pleased with how well it fits the hand and balances. I am used to loading my 1911 mags a round short so they won't nosedive when loading a fresh mag. I was stunned at how easily this XD fed my LRN handloads, no perceptible resistance even cycling the slide slowly by hand. Can't wait to put it through the ringers. I had a G19 on order, but unknown in-stock dates made me look around at other models. Looked into a G30, but there's no way that thing would stay put in my hands during rapid fire. It felt way too chunky, and I am not a small person (6' 220)