The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old April 29, 2011, 02:29 PM   #1
ZVP

Fate, and multiple hobbies...

Didja ever notice that when you have multiple hobbies they often get intertwined and affect eachother?
Just a few weeks ago I got the urge for a new gun! Now it could've been either an Airrifle or a Black Poweder Revolver...
I looked for 3 weeks for a specific model of airrifle and couldn't locate one that was "Tuned" the way I wanted it. So my "urges" went over to BP revolvers and I ordered a new .36 Piettia New Police!
Now, had I found the Airgun, I'd not gotten this great BP gun but would have been happy nevertheless.Would have done a lot of long range target shooting and been happy.
It's funny how the "fates" drive you toward a certain hobby?
Glad I followed a "gut feeling" a while back and really re-stocked up on .380 balls and Pistol wads!
I must cited to go and to do a bunch of .36 Cap and Ball Target shooting, eh?
ZVP
Old April 29, 2011, 04:58 PM   #2
Rachen

I love hunting and truck driving, and somehow these two got me into pure survivalism/nomadic living. As I am typing this, I am debating whether I should add a Coleman Kerosene lantern or a Britelyt multifuel lantern/stove to my sleeper cabin. I already have a Northwest Territory propane lantern that I use on a daily basis.
Old April 29, 2011, 06:15 PM   #3
4V50 Gary
Staff

Modern cartridge guns came first, then black powder and then the study of woodcraft. There are so many historical ties between guns and history and the great outdoors.
Old April 29, 2011, 07:00 PM   #4
GaryHarris

BP is my newest hobby/sport. Others include dual sport motorcycles, mountain biking, building and flying RC airplanes, photography and much more...