The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 29, 2011, 07:03 AM   #1
C0untZer0

Does anyone have experience with the Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit for Glock?

Just wondering what people's experiences were with them...
Old June 29, 2011, 10:18 AM   #2
RetiredMajor

I've owned the Advanatge Arms conversion kit for my Glock 19 for about 3 years. I've used it 4 times and each time fired hundreds of rounds through it with no issues at all. I used the 22 Ammo they recommended in the manual and the gun worked well. I can't remember the brand they recommended but I didn't stray from their advice.

I found it very slick and easy to use. I'd buy it again based on my experience.

Major
Old June 29, 2011, 11:37 AM   #3
FrontSight

I do a little, on a G20 third generation...it's VERY nice, and I highly recommend. Great packaging and instructions, too, use their recommended ammo.

Not as nice as the highest-end Marvel on a 1911, but definitely up there.
Old June 29, 2011, 11:54 AM   #4
shortwave

CZ,

I'm interested in finding out the same thing you are.

After 35+ yrs of shooting I'm getting my first plastic gun. A Gen 2, G22. Most of the guys I shoot with that have Glocks have aftermarket bbls but in original cals.
I've 'google searched' and found some nice 'Youtube' vids. on the subject but would be nice to get some first -hand knowledge. As usual I'll probably end up being the guinea pig of our group.
Old June 29, 2011, 11:59 AM   #5
aarondhgraham

Here's another option for you,,,

One gentleman here (I can't remember his alias),,,
Gives a glowing review of these Ciener conversion kits.

Click here please.

Aarond
Aarond is good,,, Aarond is wise,,, Always trust Aarond! (most of the time)
Old June 29, 2011, 12:13 PM   #6
C0untZer0

I got my first plastic gun last week. Ooooppps EXCUSE ME ! I meant to say "polymer"

I got a G34 Gen 3. I really got it to build on it / off it. The Glocks are like the ARs of the handgun world. You can mix and match lowers and uppers, but barrels and slides and all sorts of stuff.

I really wanted a 17L but they are hard to get and expensive. So I bought a G34 and I am going to buy a Lone Wolf 17L barrel to drop in it. My next step after that is to get a Lone Wolf 17L slide. Once I've done that I basically have my 17L - actually at that point it's like I have 2 guns - the 34 and the 17L.

I'd also like a .22 conversion kit on it to get more practice with proper grip and the Glock trigger.
Old June 29, 2011, 12:21 PM   #7
C0untZer0

Advantage Arms doesn't list a price on their web site (that I could find) but LWD sells them for $300

Ciener on the other hand prices their kit at $199.99
Old June 29, 2011, 12:35 PM   #8

Don't overlook the Tactical Solutions conversion unit. I had some negative experiences with the Ciener, but the TacSol unit is light years better. It's all steel and the weight is identical to the regular G22 that I use it on.
Old June 29, 2011, 12:59 PM   #9
ET.

I've owned an AA 22LR conversion kit for my Glock 21sf for over a year now. It is reliable if you use the right ammo. Remington Golden Bullets are recommended & work well with almost no jambs & few duds. The CCI Mini Mags are by far the most reliable & the most accurate in my conversion kit. As far as accuracy, it isn't a tack driver. If you want a target 22, then buy a Buckmark or Ruger. But if you are interested in cheap range time with your Glock then buy the AA kit. It will keep groups tight enough if you are shooting a silouette target, but if you are bullseye target shooting, then you might be slightly disappointed.

I really like my conversion kit for what it is... a cheap range trip with my Glock. I bought it for $249 & waited 2 months to get it. The kit includes a complete slide with a single mag & mag loader plus a cleaning rod. The slide on the LE version looks exactly like the OEM Glock slide right down to the Glock factory sights. It is way lighter in weight, of course, since a 22LR couldn't rack a heavy slide, but other than that you would think that you were shooting your regular Glock. I shoot it approx once a week & just shot it yesterday putting 200 rounds through it.
Old June 29, 2011, 01:11 PM   #10
C0untZer0

Thanks for the review of the AA.

I don't need a tack driver but if I am wondering how useful practice time is with the AA kit if it's not that accurate.

I looked at the price of the Tactical Solutions kit - $375 MSRP ... the most expensive of the three.

It's nice that the Tactical Solutions has a heavy slide - I'm also wondering how Tactical Solutions keeps their slide so heavy but gets it to cycle with .22 ammo.

How accurate is the Tactical Solutions kit?
Old June 29, 2011, 01:56 PM   #11
shortwave

Quote:
Ooooops EXCUSE ME! I meant to say "polymer".
OOOOKAAAY! EXXXXCUUUSE MEEEEE!

But to be fair, since I don't know the exact components the Glock material is composed of, and the fact that ALL plastics are considered polymers but not all polymers considered plactics. Could the Glock fall into the plastic column?

Hey, that would be a good topic for another thread.... but out of respect, I promise I'll say polymer for the remainder of this one.
Old June 29, 2011, 11:41 PM   #12
C0untZer0

Found this review on the AA kit

http://home.comcast.net/~shooter2_indy/aack.html

Tags
.22 conversion , advantage arms , conversion kits , glock , tactical solutions