The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old June 29, 2002, 07:14 PM   #1
KSFreeman

Ken Hackathorn in Illinois

Finally received my confirmation from Midwest Training Group regarding Ken Hackathorn's Advanced Defensive Handgun in Bloomington, Illinois the first weekend in August. Looking forward to the class.

Anyone else going? If so, are you coming from a state where Flat Tire beer is sold? (Need a couple of cases for a cookout at the FBP).
Old July 3, 2002, 03:08 PM   #2
LIProgun

I was fortunate to take one of Ken's classes several years ago when he came to Long Island. I am sure you'll find it excellent.

As for the beer, I suspect what you are looking for is "Fat Tire" amber ale, and not "Flat Tire." Good stuff!

- Leonidas of Sparta, 480 B.C.
Old July 3, 2002, 06:29 PM   #3
KSFreeman

Hey, I looked up on the Errornet. You're right! It's Fat Tire. I thought Ranger Brade was ordering us "Flat Tire" down in Tejas. (I only get it when I go to skul in Tejas).

Warning to kids: naval gunnery and firearms are bad for your hearing (and GSCs want to shoot .223s inside their houses). What, type louder I cannot hear you.

Good stuff! Looks like it's made by a bunch of limp-wristed sandalistas in hands-in-my-pocket Big Granola country. But great beer. Cannot get it here though. Stick to Double Dragon and Tusker; wait for Fat Tire.
Old July 6, 2002, 06:59 PM   #4
KSFreeman

Received e-mail from Big Granola Country. Brewery operating full tilt bogie. No plans to expand. Closest here is in Missoura. Note to self--rent car and aim for St. Louis.

We need another off the prime rate so Belgium Brewery can expand or an IPO (yeah, capitalism). Had them put me on list for distributorship when/if they expand.

Not only do they steal my gas tax money, they won't sell their beer to me. Life is tough all over.