The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 12, 2009, 11:28 PM   #1
diowk

Dillon 550b problem

I just finished getting my 550 all set up and spitting out shells. Everything is working great except for one thing, my cases have alot of trouble coming out of the powder die. It takes almost no effort to bell the case and the belling is hardly noticable but still when I push the handle forward it gives alot of resistance and I have to use quite a bit of force. This makes the operation annoying and rough. Anyone have any ideas what the problem is? Id really like to get this going as smoooth as possible. Thanks alot everyone!

-forgot to add, I'm reloading 45 acp. Brand new brass

Last edited by diowk; May 12, 2009 at 11:46 PM.
Old May 13, 2009, 12:15 AM   #2
Sport45

Quote:
Brand new brass
Mine will stick in brand new brass too. Doesn't happen with fired brass. You might want to try a little sizing lube on the outside of the powder funnel the first time around.
Old May 13, 2009, 12:59 AM   #3
diowk

very good to know. thanks man